nobullet

2/14/2008 8:49:00 AM

Try

ri -T Object#blank? in console (Ubuntu).

The result is:

More than one method matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

Object#blank?, Object#blank?

Is any way to point that I want read the first?

2 Answers

botp

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 4:50 PM, nobullet <nobullet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Object#blank?, Object#blank?
> Is any way to point that I want read the first?

try fastri, eg

botp@jedi-hopeful:~$ qri object.blank
---------------------------------------------------------- Object#blank?
blank?()
An object is blank if it's nil, empty, or a whitespace string. For
example, "", " ", nil, [], and {} are blank.

This simplifies

if !address.nil? && !address.empty?

if !address.blank?

botp@jedi-hopeful:~$

kind regards -botp

Ryan Davis

On Feb 14, 2008, at 12:50 AM, nobullet wrote:

> Try
>
> ri -T Object#blank? in console (Ubuntu).
>
> The result is:
>
> More than one method matched your request. You can refine
> your search by asking for information on one of:
>
> Object#blank?, Object#blank?
>
> Is any way to point that I want read the first?

You've probably got two sets of ri/rdoc installs. Try:

locate cdesc-Object.yaml | grep -iv gems

(assuming unix)