Ruby 2.0 and Domain-Specific language

Rustem Zhunusov

2/14/2008 3:43:00 AM

Salam aleikum

I want to write Ruby program on my native language for example in
Russain.
I think its first step to real Domain-Specific language for non
english-speaking mans .
In new release of Ruby can I use Russian variables? Can I replace
standard Rubyâ??s reserved words by new set of russian words?

with best regards Rustem

dohzya

Rustem Zhunusov a écrit :
> Salam aleikum
>
> I want to write Ruby program on my native language for example in
> Russain.
> I think its first step to real Domain-Specific language for non
> english-speaking mans .
> In new release of Ruby can I use Russian variables? Can I replace
> standard Rubyâ??s reserved words by new set of russian words?
>
> with best regards Rustem

What is the advantage ?
If you want to code in your language, then you need to traduce all
library too...
Code in English : your code will be *more inhomogeneous* and you will be
able to share it.
If you really don't like English then your comments can be written in
your native language, it's better that no comments, but not really portable.

Regards

--
Etienne Vallette d'Osia

dohzya

Etienne Vallette d'Osia a écrit :
> Rustem Zhunusov a écrit :
>
>> Salam aleikum
>>
>> I want to write Ruby program on my native language for example in
>> Russain.
>> I think its first step to real Domain-Specific language for non
>> english-speaking mans .
>> In new release of Ruby can I use Russian variables? Can I replace
>> standard Rubyâ??s reserved words by new set of russian words?
>>
>> with best regards Rustem
>>

> What is the advantage ?
> If you want to code in your language, then you need to traduce all
> library too...
> Code in English : your code will be *more inhomogeneous* and you will be

oops, homogene... (betrayed by autocompletion)

--
Etienne Vallette d'Osia