Ruby Network Programming Guide

Sam

2/13/2008 5:17:00 PM

Is there a good reference guide out there (either a physical book or
pdf/web site) that goes over all of the possible syntax used for
building client/server type apps in ruby?

Thank You,

Sam

6 Answers

Serg Koren

Sockets Programming in Ruby

On Feb 13, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Sam wrote:

> Is there a good reference guide out there (either a physical book or
> pdf/web site) that goes over all of the possible syntax used for
> building client/server type apps in ruby?
>
> Thank You,
>
> Sam

Serg Koren

Sorry about that:

On Feb 13, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Serg Koren wrote:

> Sockets Programming in Ruby
>

> On Feb 13, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Sam wrote:
>
>> Is there a good reference guide out there (either a physical book
>> or pdf/web site) that goes over all of the possible syntax used for
>> building client/server type apps in ruby?
>>
>> Thank You,
>>
>> Sam

Sam

Serg Koren wrote:
> Sockets Programming in Ruby
>

> On Feb 13, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Sam wrote:
>
>> Is there a good reference guide out there (either a physical book or
>> pdf/web site) that goes over all of the possible syntax used for
>> building client/server type apps in ruby?
>>
>> Thank You,
>>
>> Sam

Is that the IBM pdf?

Sam

Serg Koren

yup it is. Sorry. Not sure why my URL links aren't copying properly.
it's the IBM one with the client/server chat app. Nice and
straightforward.

On Feb 13, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Sam wrote:

> Serg Koren wrote:
>> Sockets Programming in Ruby
>> On Feb 13, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Sam wrote:
>>> Is there a good reference guide out there (either a physical book
>>> or pdf/web site) that goes over all of the possible syntax used
>>> for building client/server type apps in ruby?
>>>
>>> Thank You,
>>>
>>> Sam
>>>

> Is that the IBM pdf?
>
> Sam

Roger Pack

Also look into EventMachine and Rev
which simplify all that junk :)

Chad Perrin

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 04:22:09AM +0900, Serg Koren wrote:
> yup it is. Sorry. Not sure why my URL links aren't copying properly.
> it's the IBM one with the client/server chat app. Nice and
> straightforward.

If they're being turned into HTML links, the list software might be
stripping them out. Perhaps you could try changing the settings on
whatever email client you're using so that it doesn't automatically turn
URLs into links.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
John W. Russell: "People point. Sometimes that's just easier. They also use