Ruby on Rails job

David Harland

2/12/2008 1:01:00 PM

Hi guys, anyone want a web development role? Using open source
technologies, including Ruby. Also, J2EE, SQL. Based in London, £40-50k.

Casimir

As inspired by this post quoted below:

David Harland kirjoitti:
> Hi guys, anyone want a web development role? Using open source
> technologies, including Ruby. Also, J2EE, SQL. Based in London, £40-50k.

I would like to hear opinions on this issue.

Do you think it is ok to use comp.lang.ruby for recruiting?
Or are job offers etc spam? Should we go after these spammers and shut
'em up 'for good'?

Trans

On Feb 15, 2:40 am, Casimir <pikEISPAMMMs...@welho.com> wrote:
> As inspired by this post quoted below:
>
> David Harland kirjoitti:
>
> > Hi guys, anyone want a web development role? Using open source
> > technologies, including Ruby. Also, J2EE, SQL. Based in London, =A340-50=
k.

> I would like to hear opinions on this issue.
>
> Do you think it is ok to use comp.lang.ruby for recruiting?
> Or are job offers etc spam? Should we go after these spammers and shut
> 'em up 'for good'?

why? if its a ruby job --which it is, and it's not a _flood_ of posts
--which it is not, then why fuss over it?

T.

Joel VanderWerf

Casimir wrote:
> As inspired by this post quoted below:
>
> David Harland kirjoitti:
>> Hi guys, anyone want a web development role? Using open source
>> technologies, including Ruby. Also, J2EE, SQL. Based in London, £40-50k.
>
> I would like to hear opinions on this issue.
>
> Do you think it is ok to use comp.lang.ruby for recruiting?
> Or are job offers etc spam? Should we go after these spammers and shut
> 'em up 'for good'?

Yes, but only if they mention J2EE ;)

Martin DeMello

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Casimir <pikEISPAMMMseli@welho.com> wrote:

> Do you think it is ok to use comp.lang.ruby for recruiting?
> Or are job offers etc spam? Should we go after these spammers and shut
> 'em up 'for good'?

Where else would one post job offers targeting the ruby community?
It's not as though the group is being taken over with mass-spammed and
untargeted job posts.

martin

James Gray

On Feb 15, 2008, at 7:11 AM, Martin DeMello wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Casimir <pikEISPAMMMseli@welho.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Do you think it is ok to use comp.lang.ruby for recruiting?
>> Or are job offers etc spam? Should we go after these spammers and
>> shut
>> 'em up 'for good'?
>
> Where else would one post job offers targeting the ruby community?

One option might be:

http://jobs.rubynow...

James Edward Gray II

Jeremy McAnally

The 37signals board is a good place, especially if you're hunting Rails devs.

--Jeremy

--
http://www.jeremymca...

My books: