comp.lang.lisp

how to find the generic-function meta object by name

Jim Newton

3/24/2016 4:11:00 PM

I'm looking at the document http://mop.lisp.se/dictionary.html#gf-...,
given a generic function meta object I can find out lots of information,
but how can I get the generic function meta object, given the symbol naming it?

Can anyone help?
Thanks.
2 Answers

Didier Verna

Jim Newton wrote:

> I'm looking at the document
> http://mop.lisp.se/dictionary.html#gf-..., given a generic
> function meta object I can find out lots of information, but how can I
> get the generic function meta object, given the symbol naming it?

fdefinition ?

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Jazz site: http://www.didie...
Other sites: http://www.didier...

Jim Newton

OK, now that's obvious. I wasn't thinking that the meta-object is actually the callable function, but yes that's the cool thing about the funcallable-instance class.