RDoc .document

Trans

2/11/2008 7:06:00 PM

Is there any way to configure rdoc via a hidden config file? I recall
briefly hearing something about .document, but can't find any
documentation on it.

T.

3 Answers

Phlip

Trans wrote:
> Is there any way to configure rdoc via a hidden config file? I recall
> briefly hearing something about .document, but can't find any
> documentation on it.

What's wrong with the nearest Rakefile?

Phrogz

On Feb 11, 12:05 pm, Trans <transf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to configure rdoc via a hidden config file? I recall
> briefly hearing something about .document, but can't find any
> documentation on it.

Documentation by example:
C:\ruby\src\ruby-1.8.6>findfile "\.document"
../.document
../ext/.document
../lib/.document
../lib/cgi/.document
../lib/rdoc/markup/.document
../lib/xmlrpc/.document

Trans

On Feb 11, 2:24 pm, Phrogz <phr...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 12:05 pm, Trans <transf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to configure rdoc via a hidden config file? I recall
> > briefly hearing something about .document, but can't find any
> > documentation on it.
>
> Documentation by example:
> C:\ruby\src\ruby-1.8.6>findfile "\.document"
> ./.document
> ./ext/.document
> ./lib/.document
> ./lib/cgi/.document
> ./lib/rdoc/markup/.document
> ./lib/xmlrpc/.document

Thanks. So it looks like it's solely a list of globs to decide which
files to include.

One difficulty with Facets is that some of libs need to be rdoc'd
independent of others. Otherwise it becomes hard to tell what goes
with what especially when standard libs are extended. I wish RDoc had
an elegant way of handling tihs kind of "multi-part" documentation
need. It would make documenting Ruby's standard lib a lot easier too,
I 'm sure. As it stands I have a special script to do it, but that
doesn't help RubyGems rdoc correctly.

T.