[PDF-Writer] Write superscripted text

Abir B.

2/7/2008 8:47:00 AM

Hello,
Is there a way in PDF-writer to write subscript or superscript (power)
text??
Thanks

Curt Sampson

While we're at it, does anybody have a set of instructions for setting
up PDF-writer on a Unix system to create PDFs that include Japanese
text? Last I looked, there was some font downloading and conversion that
needed to be done.

Please cc me on replies, as this list replaces my reply-to header.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@starling-software.com> +81 90 7737 2974
Mobile sites and software consulting: http://www.starling-so...

Reid Thompson

Curt Sampson wrote:
> While we're at it, does anybody have a set of instructions for setting
> up PDF-writer on a Unix system to create PDFs that include Japanese
> text? Last I looked, there was some font downloading and conversion that
> needed to be done.
>
> Please cc me on replies, as this list replaces my reply-to header.
>
> cjs
if you're unable to find an answer, Haru PDF library does this and it has ruby
bindings. http://libharu.source...

John Joyce

On Feb 7, 2008, at 7:04 PM, Reid Thompson wrote:

> Curt Sampson wrote:
>> While we're at it, does anybody have a set of instructions for
>> setting
>> up PDF-writer on a Unix system to create PDFs that include Japanese
>> text? Last I looked, there was some font downloading and
>> conversion that
>> needed to be done.
>> Please cc me on replies, as this list replaces my reply-to header.
>> cjs
> if you're unable to find an answer, Haru PDF library does this and
> it has ruby bindings. http://libharu.source...

If the fonts are not embed-able you might need to render them as
vector art. The pdf will still be readable and scalable and printable
and will then be totally platform agnostic. The downside would be
that text would no longer be text.

Abir B.

Abir B. wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a way in PDF-writer to write subscript or superscript (power)
> text??
> Thanks

No answers to my question??