Find help for learn ruby

Super Robert

Hi, everybody.
I'm a novice at Ruby. Now I have a lot of questions. Which version
should I choose 1.8 or 1.9, even 2.0. is it important for learning this
language?
Then the platform. I'm conditioned to Windows, can this OS use all the
functions, should I change to Linux.
Or recommend me a beginner's book, I'll be appreciative for this.

You can call me Robert

3 Answers

7stud --

å¼ æ??亮 wrote:
> Hi, everybody.
> I'm a novice at Ruby. Now I have a lot of questions. Which
> version
> should I choose 1.8 or 1.9, even 2.0. is it important for learning this
> language?
> Then the platform. I'm conditioned to Windows, can this OS use all the
> functions, should I change to Linux.
> Or recommend me a beginner's book, I'll be appreciative for this.
>
> You can call me Robert

Download ruby 1.8.6. The download page will list downloads for
different OS's. Download the file for your OS. Install. Learn.

Jari Williamsson

??? wrote:
> Then the platform. I'm conditioned to Windows, can this OS use all the
> functions, should I change to Linux.

Use the one-click installer for Windows. It should set it up for use
straight away.

> Or recommend me a beginner's book, I'll be appreciative for this.

You can start with the old online version of the Pickaxe book:
http://www.rubycentral.co...

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson

Bjoern Paschen

>> Or recommend me a beginner's book, I'll be appreciative for
>> this.
> You can start with the old online version of the Pickaxe book:
> http://www.rubycentral.co...

Or read "Why's (poignant) guide to ruby" (http://poignant...
ruby/) to have some serious fun while learning.

Cheers,
Bjoern