irb can see the gem but ruby can't

Peter Szinek

2/2/2008 5:20:00 AM

Hey all,

I am not sure if this is a Leopard on Ruby problem or some other quirk (or
maybe I am just horribly overlooking something) but...:

Macintosh:manav mbp$ irb
>> require 'yahoofinance'
=> true
>> Macintosh:manav mbp$ cat yahoo_test.rb
require 'yahoofinance'
Macintosh:manav mbp$ ruby yahoo_test.rb
yahoo_test.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- yahoofinance
(LoadError)
from yahoo_test.rb:1

i.e. irb can see the gem but ruby can't...
Any ideas?

Cheers,
Peter

5 Answers

Ryan Davis

On Feb 1, 2008, at 21:19 , peter@rubyrailways.com wrote:

> I am not sure if this is a Leopard on Ruby problem or some other
> quirk (or
> maybe I am just horribly overlooking something) but...:
>
> Macintosh:manav mbp$ irb
>>> require 'yahoofinance'
> => true
>>> Macintosh:manav mbp$ cat yahoo_test.rb
> require 'yahoofinance'
> Macintosh:manav mbp$ ruby yahoo_test.rb
> yahoo_test.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- yahoofinance
> (LoadError)
> from yahoo_test.rb:1
>
> i.e. irb can see the gem but ruby can't...
> Any ideas?

your ~/.irbrc has:

require "rubygems"

Sebastian Hungerecker

peter@rubyrailways.com wrote:
> i.e. irb can see the gem but ruby can't...
> Any ideas?

Probably your .irbrc requires rubygems while your script doesn't.

HTH,
Sebastian
--
Jabber: sepp2k@jabber.org
ICQ: 205544826

The Peeler

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 14:07:47 -0700 (PDT), CUNTICA
<brianlambsnose@yahoo.com> wrote:

> \\\y///
> ^
> ()
> oIIo
>

>"Gobble - gobble, slurp - slurp, gulp - gulp!"
>

>"Kissy - kissy, Gooooooooran!"
>

>"French kiss - French kiss - lots of tongue - lots of tongue!''

Are, you really gay Brian? <>

The Peeler

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:59:54 -0700, The Rectum, the resident psychopath of
sci and scj, FAKING his time zone again and IMPERSONATING his master, The
Peeler, wrote:

>>"Gobble - gobble, slurp - slurp, gulp - gulp!"
>>

>>"Kissy - kissy, Gooooooooran!"
>>

>>"French kiss - French kiss - lots of tongue - lots of tongue!''
>
> Are, you really gay like me Brian? <>

I doubt it. HE is not the one who keeps smooching around with other guys on
these groups like you, Dumb Heini and Stupid DoDo keep doing here, every
day! <G>

--
The Rectum about himself:

The Peeler

On Fri, 7 Jun 2013 00:18:48 +0200, The Peeler
<finishingoff@themoronicRevd.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:59:54 -0700, The Rectum, the resident psychopath of
>sci and scj, FAKING his time zone again and IMPERSONATING his master, The
>Peeler, wrote:
>

>>>"Gobble - gobble, slurp - slurp, gulp - gulp!"
>>>

>>>"Kissy - kissy, Gooooooooran!"
>>>

>>>"French kiss - French kiss - lots of tongue - lots of tongue!''
>>
>> Are, you really gay like me Brian? <>
>
>I don't doubt it. HE is the one who keeps smooching around with other guys on
>these groups like I, Dumb Grikboxer and Stupid Michael keep doing here, every
>day! <G>

You're absolutely RIGHT Grik anus innit! <B>