Desktop Application

Hemlata Gupta

2/1/2008 1:05:00 PM

Hello Everyone,

Can we make desktop application with ruby? If yes then how? I searched
many of sites but exact result of this question i did not received. I
didnot find any demo or book regarding desktop application with ruby.
Please help me.

Thanx

Reid Thompson

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 22:04 +0900, Hemlata Gupta wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Can we make desktop application with ruby? If yes then how? I searched
> many of sites but exact result of this question i did not received. I
> didnot find any demo or book regarding desktop application with ruby.
> Please help me.
>
> Thanx

http://ruby-gnome2.sourc...hiki.cgi...

http://ruby-gnome2.sourc...

James Britt

Hemlata Gupta wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Can we make desktop application with ruby? If yes then how? I searched
> many of sites but exact result of this question i did not received. I
> didnot find any demo or book regarding desktop application with ruby.
> Please help me.

Look into using JRuby with Monkeybars.

http://monkeybars.ruby...

--
James Britt

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly
universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by
uncertainty cannot be the truth."
- R. Feynman

Hemlata Gupta

Reid Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 22:04 +0900, Hemlata Gupta wrote:
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> Can we make desktop application with ruby? If yes then how? I searched
>> many of sites but exact result of this question i did not received. I
>> didnot find any demo or book regarding desktop application with ruby.
>> Please help me.
>>
>> Thanx
>
> http://ruby-gnome2.sourc...hiki.cgi...
>
> http://ruby-gnome2.sourc...

Thanks, I will go further.

Softmind Technology

Hemlata Gupta wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Can we make desktop application with ruby? If yes then how? I searched
> many of sites but exact result of this question i did not received. I
> didnot find any demo or book regarding desktop application with ruby.
> Please help me.
>
> Thanx

-----------------------------
Hi Hemlata,

Pl. keep an eye on IronRuby. With IronRuby you can easily create all
deskptop applications as well as web applications.

Microsoft is currently porting Ruby and Ruby on Rails to .Net platform,
and within 2 months you will be able to work just like C# and Vb.Net
with Ruby taking full advantage.

Have a look at IronRuby section in this forums.

Cheers!

Hemlata Gupta

Softmind Technology wrote:
> Hemlata Gupta wrote:
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> Can we make desktop application with ruby? If yes then how? I searched
>> many of sites but exact result of this question i did not received. I
>> didnot find any demo or book regarding desktop application with ruby.
>> Please help me.
>>
>> Thanx
>
> -----------------------------
> Hi Hemlata,
>
> Pl. keep an eye on IronRuby. With IronRuby you can easily create all
> deskptop applications as well as web applications.
>
> Microsoft is currently porting Ruby and Ruby on Rails to .Net platform,
> and within 2 months you will be able to work just like C# and Vb.Net
> with Ruby taking full advantage.
>
> Have a look at IronRuby section in this forums.
>
> Cheers!

Hello Softmind

Thanks for your support.

Ranieri Teixeira

RubyXChart at http://rubyxchart.ruby...

On Feb 2, 2008 4:52 AM, Hemlata Gupta <hemlata@risingsundesign.biz> wrote:

> Softmind Technology wrote:
> > Hemlata Gupta wrote:
> >> Hello Everyone,
> >>
> >> Can we make desktop application with ruby? If yes then how? I searched
> >> many of sites but exact result of this question i did not received. I
> >> didnot find any demo or book regarding desktop application with ruby.
> >> Please help me.
> >>
> >> Thanx
> >
> > -----------------------------
> > Hi Hemlata,
> >
> > Pl. keep an eye on IronRuby. With IronRuby you can easily create all
> > deskptop applications as well as web applications.
> >
> > Microsoft is currently porting Ruby and Ruby on Rails to .Net platform,
> > and within 2 months you will be able to work just like C# and Vb.Net
> > with Ruby taking full advantage.
> >
> > Have a look at IronRuby section in this forums.
> >
> > Cheers!
>
> Hello Softmind
>
> Thanks for your support.

--=20
Ranieri Barros Teixeira
Ci=EAncia da Computa=E7=E3o - Faculdade de Computa=E7=E3o - Universidade F=
ederal do
Par=E1 (UFPA)
http://rubyxchart.rub...
http://rubytags.bl...

Christopher Dicely

On Feb 1, 2008 5:04 AM, Hemlata Gupta <hemlata@risingsundesign.biz> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Can we make desktop application with ruby? If yes then how? I searched
> many of sites but exact result of this question i did not received. I
> didnot find any demo or book regarding desktop application with ruby.
> Please help me.

A lot of people have suggested each of the major GUI toolkits. If you
need a book, the Pragmatic Programmers have a beta available of their
upcoming book on FXRuby. Also, for something out of the ordinary for
desktop application development, check out Shoes at
http://code.whytheluckystiff....