Do I need to Know C++ to use QTRuby

Matthew Borgeson

1/31/2008 10:30:00 PM

This is a spawn from a previous post:

The KDE web site says to learn QT before using QtRuby, but when you go
to follow the link it says "We assume you already know C++". How
frustrating and intimidating...

The question I have, as a self taught rubyist, am I better off turning
my attention elsewhere or will I be able to use Qt with my meager one
year of Ruby experience?

Stefano Crocco

Alle Thursday 31 January 2008, Matthew Borgeson ha scritto:
> This is a spawn from a previous post:
>
> The KDE web site says to learn QT before using QtRuby, but when you go
> to follow the link it says "We assume you already know C++". How
> frustrating and intimidating...
>
> The question I have, as a self taught rubyist, am I better off turning
> my attention elsewhere or will I be able to use Qt with my meager one
> year of Ruby experience?

Your knowledge should be enough to use Qt from ruby. The Qt documentation is
written for people who wants to use it with c++ and warns them: "this
documentation won't teach you how to program in C++. You'll need to learn it
by yourself before reading this".

Of course, since you're not interested in programming in C++, the warning
doesn't concern you. You can safely go on reading.

Stefano

RamRod Sword of Baal

"The Boob and his blow up doll Carole" wrote in message
pringfield1911 wrote:

> You have to excuse ramrod. He stays cum drunk and the AIDS dementia
> doesn't help either.

There is no excuse for the lying idiot Boob.

Eagle

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:54:27 +1000, <ramrod@truthonly.com> wrote:

>There is no excuse for the lying idiot Boob.

And you can sure that we will all apply that rule to you