Agustin Ramos

Hi everybody!, i want to know if it's possible to get the state icon in the
button left of the Internet Explorer, like "Error on Page" or "Done" or
something like this (java script errors).
I'm using the latest version of the Watir library (1.5.3)

Ideas are welcome

Regards

3 Answers

Moises Trovo

On Jan 31, 2008 2:34 PM, Agustin Ramos <aart85@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody!, i want to know if it's possible to get the state icon in
> the
> button left of the Internet Explorer, like "Error on Page" or "Done" or
> something like this (java script errors).
> I'm using the latest version of the Watir library (1.5.3)
>
> Ideas are welcome
>
> Regards

Maybe you can get it with jscript, but as it's an IE special behavior almost
sure that's not possible with true javascript.

Wyatt Greene

On Jan 31, 1:47 pm, Moises Trovo <moises.tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>
> On Jan 31, 2008 2:34 PM, Agustin Ramos <aar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody!, i want to know if it's possible to get the state icon in
> > the
> > button left of the Internet Explorer, like "Error on Page" or "Done" or
> > something like this (java script errors).
> > I'm using the latest version of the Watir library (1.5.3)
>
> > Ideas are welcome
>
> > Regards
>
> Maybe you can get it with jscript, but as it's an IE special behavior almost
> sure that's not possible with true javascript.

You can, however, get the text of the status bar via JavaScript via
Ruby's Win32OLE. I've done this before (but unfortunately I don't
have access to that code now, or I'd post it). It's an OLE method
that you send to the browser object named something like status or
statusText.

JohnN

On Jun 14, 7:56 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:

> >> You're right.  We don't know what mechanism God used to will the universe into
> >> existence.
>
> >> Remember, physicists declare:  An infinitely small point of mass of infinite
> >> density appeared from whence there was nothing previously, and preceded to
> >> explode outward to form our universe and all in it including all mass, energy,
> >> time and outer space.  Remember - outer space is the void between the clumps of
> >> outward-moving mass.
>
> >> Heeheehee.
> >To bad your god didn't describe how's and what's in the Goatherder's
> >Big Book of Cosmic Myth
>
> Of course he did.  That's the central theme of the Bible as God's word.
>

> >JohnN
>
> The dukester, American-American
> *****
> "The Mass is the most perfect form of Prayer."
> Pope Paul VI
> *****

All the GBBCM contains is a lot of god said this and god said that. No
details on how and what actually happened at the creation.

JohnN