comp.lang.lisp

Parsing fixed sized integers

Patrick May

10/18/2015 10:37:00 PM

I'm trying to access a Kafka topic from Clozure. The wire protocol
is pretty simple but includes a lot of UINT8, UINT16, and UINT32
values. What's the best package for reading those in Common Lisp?

Thanks,

Patrick
1 Answer

Madhu

* Patrick May <m2eggr6by8.fsf@softwarematters.org> :
Wrote on Sun, 18 Oct 2015 18:36:47 -0400:

| I'm trying to access a Kafka topic from Clozure. The wire protocol
| is pretty simple but includes a lot of UINT8, UINT16, and UINT32
| values. What's the best package for reading those in Common Lisp?

I can only recommend frodef's binary-types package. The most elementary
use is to read from (unsigned-byte 8) streams. Eg.
(let ((bt:*endian* :little-endian)) (bt:read-binary 'bt:u16 stream))
etc. ---Madhu