comp.lang.lisp

XML-RPC with SSL

Josef Wolf

10/12/2015 1:31:00 PM

Hello everybody,

I am trying to implement an XML-RPC client for a server accepts connetions
only over a SSL connection. So far, the only XML-RPC library for CL I could
find was

https://common-lisp.net/project/...

so I decided, this is the way to go.

Unfortunately, I can't figure how to use s-xml-rpc with SSL.

Any hints, how to use xml-rpc with ssl?

Thanks!
3 Answers

Currell Berry

On Monday, October 12, 2015 at 9:31:36 AM UTC-4, Josef Wolf wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to implement an XML-RPC client for a server accepts connetions
> only over a SSL connection. So far, the only XML-RPC library for CL I could
> find was
>
> https://common-lisp.net/project/...
>
> so I decided, this is the way to go.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't figure how to use s-xml-rpc with SSL.
>
> Any hints, how to use xml-rpc with ssl?
>
> Thanks!

From briefly looking at the source for S-XML-RPC, it doesn't appear that they have built in SSL functionality. As I see it you have at least two options:

1. Use S-XML-RPC only to do the encoding and decoding of messages, and send the messages using a library like drakma which supports SSL. The relevant functions in S-XML-RPC appear to be encode-xml-rpc-call and decode-xml-rpc.

2. Add in SSL support to S-XML-RPC. Take a look at the with-open-socket-stream macro in sysdeps.lisp to get a feel for where you could integrate that. You might be able to use something like CL+SSL.

Jason Cornez

Franz has an xml-rpc library. It can be used to connect to an https
server.

http://franz.com/support/documentation/current/doc/x...

-Jason

Chris Riesbeck

On 10/22/2015 6:46 AM, Jason Cornez wrote:
> Franz has an xml-rpc library. It can be used to connect to an https
> server.
>
> http://franz.com/support/documentation/current/doc/x...
>
> -Jason

Note: not supported in the free CLExpress

http://franz.com/support...