comp.lang.lisp

killing a thread with slime

Jim Newton

10/12/2015 8:53:00 AM

If I use c-m-x in slime to evaluate an exrpession which never returns such as
(loop :while t)
Then another thread happily starts computing an infinite loop.
Is there a way to interrupt this, without having to restart-inferior-lisp ?
1 Answer

Jim Newton

I have discovered slime-list-threads.
This displays a buffer which can be updated by pressing 'g',
The bugger shows the threads which are running.
I can press k to kill one of the threads, and apparently d to debug the thread.

If there are multiple threads which might be the culprits, I can theoretically
use 'd' to take a look at them and decide which one to kill.