comp.lang.lisp

Clozure CL without the IDE

Marco Antoniotti

10/3/2015 3:32:00 PM

Hi

I thought to just ask here...

Does anybody know how to start the latest Clozure CL (on a Mac) from the command line or a shell script without starting the IDE. I need this fro SLIME.

Thanks

MA
2 Answers

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Marco Antoniotti <marcoxa@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anybody know how to start the latest Clozure CL (on a Mac) from
> the command line or a shell script without starting the IDE. I need
> this fro SLIME.

ccl

Ie. install it from http://ccl.clozure.com/dow...
not from the AppStore.

That said, you can launch swank in Clozure CL.app and connect to it with
slime without any problem.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__ http://www.informat...
â??The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a

Dimitri Fontaine

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com> writes:
> Ie. install it from http://ccl.cl...dow...
> not from the AppStore.

Or using brew.

~ brew info clozure-cl
clozure-cl: stable 1.10
Common Lisp implementation with a long history
http://ccl.cl...
Conflicts with: cclive
/usr/local/Cellar/clozure-cl/1.8 (1611 files, 177M)
/usr/local/Cellar/clozure-cl/1.9 (1600 files, 181M)
Built from source
/usr/local/Cellar/clozure-cl/1.10 (1600 files, 186M) *
Built from source
From: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/clo...

--
dim