comp.lang.lisp

Looking for a group? ICFP 2015

szergling

8/6/2015 9:48:00 PM

Hi all, are there any Common Lispers looking to try this?

http://icfpco...

I've joined a few times before, and do this mainly for the learnings and the challenge. I plan to be in and out (mostly in) over the whole weekend.

If you have teamed up with me before, and still remember me, and reading this, would you be keen? Our previous team style could probably be described as a "mildly chaotic hive mind". It is also possible to do this as a solo entry.

We have emphasised SBCL and Slime, but other implementations may also do (for the non-computationally heavy parts). Interested? Get in touch for additional details. Sorry for the late notice, the contest starts in ~12 hours!

Yong
3 Answers

gengyangcai

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 5:48:00 AM UTC+8, T.Y Chew wrote:
> Hi all, are there any Common Lispers looking to try this?
>
> http://icfpco...
>
> I've joined a few times before, and do this mainly for the learnings and the challenge. I plan to be in and out (mostly in) over the whole weekend.
>
> If you have teamed up with me before, and still remember me, and reading this, would you be keen? Our previous team style could probably be described as a "mildly chaotic hive mind". It is also possible to do this as a solo entry.
>
> We have emphasised SBCL and Slime, but other implementations may also do (for the non-computationally heavy parts). Interested? Get in touch for additional details. Sorry for the late notice, the contest starts in ~12 hours!
>
> Yong

It sounds really interesting and I would like to join ... but I am not proficient enough in Lisp to do so yet. What are the requirements ?

szergling

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 12:08:12 PM UTC+9:30, CAI GENGYANG wrote:
> On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 5:48:00 AM UTC+8, T.Y Chew wrote:
> > Hi all, are there any Common Lispers looking to try this?
> >
> > http://icfpco...
> >

> It sounds really interesting and I would like to join ... but I am not proficient enough in Lisp to do so yet. What are the requirements ?

You need to be able to code at a basic level, decide and work on any problem reasonably independently. And most importantly, be able to have fun :-)

Yong

szergling

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 7:18:00 AM UTC+9:30, T.Y Chew wrote:
> Hi all, are there any Common Lispers looking to try this?
>
> http://icfpco...
>
> I've joined a few times before, and do this mainly for the learnings
> and the challenge. I plan to be in and out (mostly in) over the
> whole weekend.
>
> If you have teamed up with me before, and still remember me, and
> reading this, would you be keen? Our previous team style could
> probably be described as a "mildly chaotic hive mind". It is also
> possible to do this as a solo entry.

Thanks to the usual gang who turned up, it went quite well this time,
I am quite pleased. In case anyone was interested, check out our team
here, consalot (ignore the other duplicate consalot, that's also us,
oops),

https://davar.icfpcontest.org/leader_...

Ours was a mostly Common Lisp solution. The only non-Common Lisp
things were a Makefile (some sort of requirement which probably
doesn't even work, who knows), and the js ROT library for
visualisation (which I also don't know, thanks team!). I also spent
most of my in Emacs (with home-made but primitive visualisation
utilities), and pen/paper.

Good fun,

Yong