comp.lang.lisp

Re: INTERLISP question

Blake McBride

8/3/2015 11:31:00 AM

Actually, it ("]") closes all open parenthesis up till the nearest "[". If no "[" was found, all of the open parens would be closed.

"[" acted like a single "(" but also acted like a marker for a subsequent "]".

IMO, just like ' and `, is was just syntactic sugar that made code easier to read and write. It was nice but is worse than useless if the editor (emacs) doesn't support it, because the editor gets totally confused. (Yes, I know emacs could easily be enhanced to support this.)

Just thought I would get this on the record.

Blake McBride