comp.lang.lisp

how easy are common lisp web apps to scale accross dozens of nodes aka behind load balancer

polymorph self

8/1/2015 6:36:00 AM

Do hunchentoot and friends use 8 core boxes efficiently?
Can the lisp web app scale to 20+ nodes for scalability behind load balancer?
Is hypertable usable from cl? http://hypertable.com/docu...
Is there anything like hypertable in lisp?
scalable database?
4 Answers

Marco Antoniotti

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 8:36:32 AM UTC+2, polymorph self wrote:
> Do hunchentoot and friends use 8 core boxes efficiently?
> Can the lisp web app scale to 20+ nodes for scalability behind load balancer?
> Is hypertable usable from cl? http://hypertable.com/docu...
> Is there anything like hypertable in lisp?
> scalable database?

Yes.

Marco Antoniotti

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 8:36:32 AM UTC+2, polymorph self wrote:
> Do hunchentoot and friends use 8 core boxes efficiently?
> Can the lisp web app scale to 20+ nodes for scalability behind load balancer?
> Is hypertable usable from cl? http://hypertable.com/docu...
> Is there anything like hypertable in lisp?
> scalable database?

No.

Zach Beane

polymorph self <jackvanc3@gmail.com> writes:

> Do hunchentoot and friends use 8 core boxes efficiently?
> Can the lisp web app scale to 20+ nodes for scalability behind load balancer?
> Is hypertable usable from cl? http://hypertable.com/docu...
> Is there anything like hypertable in lisp?
> scalable database?

Gavino, is that you?

Zach

Marco Antoniotti

On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 6:00:49 PM UTC+2, Zach Beane wrote:
> polymorph self <jackvanc3@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Do hunchentoot and friends use 8 core boxes efficiently?
> > Can the lisp web app scale to 20+ nodes for scalability behind load balancer?
> > Is hypertable usable from cl? http://hypertable.com/docu...
> > Is there anything like hypertable in lisp?
> > scalable database?
>
> Gavino, is that you?
>
> Zach

I confess. I am Gavino. Or, at least, I got infected... Sorry :)

--
MA