htmldiff between 2 files

Janus Woze

1/24/2008 10:14:00 AM

Dear all,

I'm looking a existing ruby script that will allow me to create a html
diff between 2 existing text files.

I already found similar scripts but what I need is to have 2 colons: on
the left for the first file, on the right for the second file.
Ideally you will have colors (green & red) to see the differences:
* added and removed lines
* change inside a line (word remove, spelling mistake,..)

The trac tool or the wikipedia historic interface functions are exactly
what I need.

Does somebody already seen a script like that ?

My goal is to see differences between two configuration files from Cisco
devices via a ruby on rails application.

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Best regards

Mark Mcbride

Janus,

I wrote this script. It should do what you're looking for:
http://markmcb.com/2008/11/04/ruby-on-rails-diff-text-to-html-in...

Janus Woze

Thank you a lot Mark !

It's very useful !