comp.lang.lisp

Using common lisp for web development

james

7/27/2015 6:09:00 AM

I am planing to learn web development by using common lisp. I has little experience with java servlet, rest, spring. I did some google and will choose https://github.com/fukama... as start. Any suggestion on this ?
8 Answers

Steve

--

"Well, that's the funny thing about terrorists. If they get what they
want, they stop being terrorists."

"The South couldn't taken any more of the Missouri Compromise,
sensing (correctly) that it would kill slavery in the end,
and Lincoln planned to uphold it."
--Zepp Jamieson
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=9j2n5vsqfga7l2fsrt0polt2eg6lqs71hv...

"The first amendment means that you are protected by law from haters."
--Zepp Jamieson
"http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&selm=an...

If Nevermore tries paying cap gains with a 1040, he'll
be in jail soon enough.
--Zepp Jamieson, Dec 3, 2005
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.atheism/msg/30fdaff423e2029b?...

"I just found out that Condoleezza Rice, [...], the National Security
advisor, spend last evening attending a Broadway play."
--Zepp Jamieson Sep 1, 2005
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/30ffcc5ea6364557?...

"No plane hit the Pentagon. I don?t know what did,[...]"
-- Zepp Jamieson
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/39d98c910d32...

"Incidently, the fact that the Constitution specifies that people have
a right to vote in a presidential election pretty much takes the
choice of having [a presidential election] out of the hands of the states."
Zepp Jamieson Sun, Sep 3 2006
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/efb4fcac7b1561cb?...

"So you chuckleheads think a GPS is a completely passive receiver, is that correct?"
--DAvid (Zepp) Jamieson
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sixtyplus/msg/b4dc88057594...

"farms were never subject to inheritance taxes. What sort of
moron are you? "
David (Zepp) Jamieson
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.california/msg/5c59cc2755ac...

Doctor Gaius Baltar

On Apr 2, 8:40 pm, 2938 Dead <d...@gone.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 17:07:22 -0700, Lamont Cranston wrote:

> lat...

> >> The race wars have begun. By the very people who were supposed to
> >> prevent it.
>
> > ROTFLMAO!!!   You're more delusional now, Shill, than you've ever been.
> >   Check yourself in to a mental health facility ASAP.
>
> He lives in Tampon Bay, where nobody ever has to pass an IQ test.
>
> --
> “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution
> inevitable” -JFK
>
> --
> “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution
> inevitable” -JFK

Funny. Even Al "not too" Sharpton is calling for race riots....

Matthew Carter

james <dinglei2008@gmail.com> writes:

> I am planing to learn web development by using common lisp. I has
> little experience with java servlet, rest, spring. I did some google
> and will choose https://github.com/fukama... as start. Any
> suggestion on this ?

I wrote a step by step tutorial on this earlier this month:

http://a.../blog/2015-07-07-Writing-a-Common-Lisp-We...

Takes you from your initial REPL with Quicklisp installed to having a
web app using caveman2 (framework built on clack by same author) to
having a web application that parses the URL and generates a pie chart
(png) from data pulled in from reddit APIs.

Following the steps shouldn't take much longer than an hour or so and
sets you up with a starting point to develop in your own direction after
it's done.

--
Matthew Carter (m@ahungry.com)
http://a...

james

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 2:48:17 PM UTC+8, Matthew Carter wrote:
> james <dinglei2008@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am planing to learn web development by using common lisp. I has
> > little experience with java servlet, rest, spring. I did some google
> > and will choose https://github.com/fukama... as start. Any
> > suggestion on this ?
>
> I wrote a step by step tutorial on this earlier this month:
>
> http://a.../blog/2015-07-07-Writing-a-Common-Lisp-We...
>
> Takes you from your initial REPL with Quicklisp installed to having a
> web app using caveman2 (framework built on clack by same author) to
> having a web application that parses the URL and generates a pie chart
> (png) from data pulled in from reddit APIs.
>
> Following the steps shouldn't take much longer than an hour or so and
> sets you up with a starting point to develop in your own direction after
> it's done.
>
> --
> Matthew Carter (m@ahungry.com)
> http://a...

Thanks, how do you feel caveman2 compared to Ruby Rails?

Matthew Carter

james <dinglei2008@gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 2:48:17 PM UTC+8, Matthew Carter wrote:
>> james <dinglei2008@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > I am planing to learn web development by using common lisp. I has
>> > little experience with java servlet, rest, spring. I did some google
>> > and will choose https://github.com/fukama... as start. Any
>> > suggestion on this ?
>>
>> I wrote a step by step tutorial on this earlier this month:
>>
>> http://a.../blog/2015-07-07-Writing-a-Common-Lisp-We...
>>
>> Takes you from your initial REPL with Quicklisp installed to having a
>> web app using caveman2 (framework built on clack by same author) to
>> having a web application that parses the URL and generates a pie chart
>> (png) from data pulled in from reddit APIs.
>>
>> Following the steps shouldn't take much longer than an hour or so and
>> sets you up with a starting point to develop in your own direction after
>> it's done.
>>
>> --
>> Matthew Carter (m@ahungry.com)
>> http://a...
>
> Thanks, how do you feel caveman2 compared to Ruby Rails?

Never used Ruby so I dunno :)

--
Matthew Carter (m@ahungry.com)
http://a...

Bigos

On 27/07/15 17:05, Matthew Carter wrote:
> james <dinglei2008@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 2:48:17 PM UTC+8, Matthew Carter wrote:
cut

>> Thanks, how do you feel caveman2 compared to Ruby Rails?
>
> Never used Ruby so I dunno :)

It's more like Sinatra. But adding Rails like functionality is not
difficut in Lisp at all.

james

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 12:05:10 AM UTC+8, Matthew Carter wrote:
> james <dinglei2008@gmail.com> writes:

> >> I wrote a step by step tutorial on this earlier this month:
> >>
> >> http://a.../blog/2015-07-07-Writing-a-Common-Lisp-We...
> >>
> >> Takes you from your initial REPL with Quicklisp installed to having a
> >> web app using caveman2 (framework built on clack by same author) to
> >> having a web application that parses the URL and generates a pie chart
> >> (png) from data pulled in from reddit APIs.
> >>
> >> Following the steps shouldn't take much longer than an hour or so and
> >> sets you up with a starting point to develop in your own direction after
> >> it's done.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Matthew Carter (m@ahungry.com)
> >> http://a...
> >
> > Thanks, how do you feel caveman2 compared to Ruby Rails?
>
> Never used Ruby so I dunno :)
>
> --
> Matthew Carter (m@ahungry.com)
> http://a...

ok, Is there a good community like here? People could get answer when they meet problem.

james

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 1:12:15 AM UTC+8, Bigos wrote:
> On 27/07/15 17:05, Matthew Carter wrote:
> > james <dinglei2008@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 2:48:17 PM UTC+8, Matthew Carter wrote:
> cut
> >>
> >> Thanks, how do you feel caveman2 compared to Ruby Rails?
> >
> > Never used Ruby so I dunno :)
> >

> It's more like Sinatra. But adding Rails like functionality is not
> difficut in Lisp at all.

Sound cool :)