startup delayer

Junkone

1/23/2008 12:01:00 AM

hello
I run few ruby programs from windows startup. sometimes, it looks very
slow becoz xp is trying to startup a few programs. is there a way i
can delay the startup so that these ruby prog start after xp is fully
loaded.

seede
1 Answer

7stud --

Junkone wrote:
> hello
> I run few ruby programs from windows startup. sometimes, it looks very
> slow becoz xp is trying to startup a few programs. is there a way i
> can delay the startup so that these ruby prog start after xp is fully
> loaded.
>
> seede

Create a ruby program whose first line is:

sleep(10)

After that line add lines that will execute your ruby programs, e.g.

system('ruby myprog.rb')