amsterdam.rb

Remco van 't Veer

1/22/2008 8:15:00 AM

Hi all,

On the 28th of January the first amsterdam.rb meeting will be
celebrated with beers. Come to Nieuwmarkt square[1] to join us for
beers at "De Bekeerde Suster"[2]. There's no website yet, no plans on
what or why amsterdam.rb should exist, but we do have a google group;
"amsterdam.rb"[3].

See you next week?

Remco

[1]
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=amsterdam+nieuwmarkt&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.315864,70.136719&ie=UTF8&ll=52.372567,4.899613&spn=0.003419,0.008562&z=17&iwloc=add...
[2] http://www.debekeerde...
[3] http://groups.google.com/group/am...

--
http://blog....

7 Answers

Ryan Davis

On Jan 22, 2008, at 00:14 , Remco van 't Veer wrote:

> On the 28th of January the first amsterdam.rb meeting will be
> celebrated with beers. Come to Nieuwmarkt square[1] to join us for
> beers at "De Bekeerde Suster"[2]. There's no website yet, no plans on
> what or why amsterdam.rb should exist, but we do have a google group;
> "amsterdam.rb"[3].

Congratulations! May you have a wonderful time.

Charles Oliver Nutter

Remco van 't Veer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On the 28th of January the first amsterdam.rb meeting will be
> celebrated with beers. Come to Nieuwmarkt square[1] to join us for
> beers at "De Bekeerde Suster"[2]. There's no website yet, no plans on
> what or why amsterdam.rb should exist, but we do have a google group;
> "amsterdam.rb"[3].
>
> See you next week?

Very cool! I'm going to be in Brussels at the end of February for
FOSDEM, perhaps there will be a meeting in Amsterdam I can stick on the
beginning or end?

- Charlie

Han Holl

On Jan 22, 2008 9:14 AM, Remco van 't Veer <rwvtveer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On the 28th of January the first amsterdam.rb meeting will be
> celebrated with beers. Come to Nieuwmarkt square[1] to join us for
> beers at "De Bekeerde Suster"[2]. There's no website yet, no plans on
> what or why amsterdam.rb should exist, but we do have a google group;
> "amsterdam.rb"[3].
>
> See you next week?

Maybe you ought to mention the time as well ?

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Han Holl

Remco van 't Veer

On Jan 22, 2008 11:54 AM, Han Holl <han.holl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2008 9:14 AM, Remco van 't Veer <rwvtveer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > On the 28th of January the first amsterdam.rb meeting will be
> > celebrated with beers. Come to Nieuwmarkt square[1] to join us for
> > beers at "De Bekeerde Suster"[2]. There's no website yet, no plans on
> > what or why amsterdam.rb should exist, but we do have a google group;
> > "amsterdam.rb"[3].
> >
> > See you next week?
> >
> Maybe you ought to mention the time as well ?

Oeps.. Around 20h.

Groet,
Remco

Remco van 't Veer

On Jan 22, 2008 10:22 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter@sun.com> wrote:
> Remco van 't Veer wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > On the 28th of January the first amsterdam.rb meeting will be
> > celebrated with beers. Come to Nieuwmarkt square[1] to join us for
> > beers at "De Bekeerde Suster"[2]. There's no website yet, no plans on
> > what or why amsterdam.rb should exist, but we do have a google group;
> > "amsterdam.rb"[3].
> >
> > See you next week?
>
> Very cool! I'm going to be in Brussels at the end of February for
> FOSDEM, perhaps there will be a meeting in Amsterdam I can stick on the
> beginning or end?

I am not sure what the second meeting will be like (beers of
presentations or both) but we did decide on the last monday of the
month, that's the 25th this februari. Please I'll announce the second
meeting on this list, if that's ok.

Remco

Charles Oliver Nutter

Remco van 't Veer wrote:
> I am not sure what the second meeting will be like (beers of
> presentations or both) but we did decide on the last monday of the
> month, that's the 25th this februari. Please I'll announce the second
> meeting on this list, if that's ok.

Sounds great, I'll watch for the announcement.

- Charlie

Sam Aaron

Remco Van 't veer wrote:
> On the 28th of January the first amsterdam.rb meeting will be
> celebrated with beers.

I think I can safely say that last night was a resounding success., so
let me give a big thank-you to everyone that came along and made the
place so friendly and full of Ruby-chit-chat. :-)

I took a few photos last night (sadly the lighting was pretty poor) and
popped them online. You can see them here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ams...

We also have a spiffy website. OK, the design might have some minor room
for growth ;-):

http://rubyandrails.org/usergroups/...

I'm looking forward to next month already. It will indeed be on the last
Monday of the month (25th in this case). The current plan is to use the
same venue again, but maybe we might offers of a nicer venue with
presentation facilities and a few willing presenters....

Oh, and Charlie, if you need a place to stay in Amsterdam, just give me
a shout.

Sam

---
http://sam....