RubyGems 1.0.1 in windows

lance.sanchez@gmail.com

1/16/2008 8:26:00 PM

i'm not sure where to report this.

in windows XP, using the one-click installer to install either ruby
1.8.6-25 or 1.8.6-26
when you run gem update --system

Time::parse doesn't exist anymore, it works fine with rubygems 0.9.2
and 0.9.5

3 Answers

Tim Hunter

lance.sanchez@gmail.com wrote:
> i'm not sure where to report this.
>
> in windows XP, using the one-click installer to install either ruby
> 1.8.6-25 or 1.8.6-26
> when you run gem update --system
>
> Time::parse doesn't exist anymore, it works fine with rubygems 0.9.2
> and 0.9.5

Time::parse lives in the "time" extension. Just at a guess the older
versions of RubyGems required "time" and 1.0.1 doesn't. In that case,
you'll have to do it yourself:

require "time"

--
RMagick: http://rmagick.ruby...
RMagick 2: http://rmagick.ruby...rmagick2.html

Gordon Thiesfeld

> Time::parse lives in the "time" extension. Just at a guess the older
> versions of RubyGems required "time" and 1.0.1 doesn't. In that case,
> you'll have to do it yourself:

I can't speak for certain, but I think it probably went out when they
removed Time.today from RubyGems.

http://blog.segment7.net/articles/2007/10/08/time-today-...

Thanks,

Gordon

lance.sanchez@gmail.com

Thanks for the info on that one, trying to upgrade the shop i work in
to the latest version of ruby and gems but these strange errors seem
to be bitting me more often then i expected.