Any Desktop Application?

MohsinHijazee

1/16/2008 6:30:00 AM

Hello everyone!
I am new to both the groups, and to the ruby and I like ruby very
much! Are there any great Ruby Desktop applications attempted with GUI
like Blender in Python? Or should we start some?

Regards,
Mohsin
3 Answers

ara.t.howard

On Jan 15, 2008, at 11:30 PM, MohsinHijazee wrote:

> Hello everyone!
> I am new to both the groups, and to the ruby and I like ruby very
> much! Are there any great Ruby Desktop applications attempted with GUI
> like Blender in Python? Or should we start some?

jruby is waiting for you ;-)

a @ http://codeforp...
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

MohsinHijazee

On Jan 16, 11:50 am, "ara.t.howard" <ara.t.how...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008, at 11:30 PM, MohsinHijazee wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone!
> > I am new to both the groups, and to the ruby and I like ruby very
> > much! Are there any great Ruby Desktop applications attempted with GUI
> > like Blender in Python? Or should we start some?
>
> jruby is waiting for you ;-)
>
> a @http://codeforp...
> --
> we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being
> better. simply reflect on that.
> h.h. the 14th dalai lama

Well, what about the JRuby performacne? when its a VM On VM?

Charles Oliver Nutter

MohsinHijazee wrote:
> On Jan 16, 11:50 am, "ara.t.howard" <ara.t.how...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 15, 2008, at 11:30 PM, MohsinHijazee wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone!
>>> I am new to both the groups, and to the ruby and I like ruby very
>>> much! Are there any great Ruby Desktop applications attempted with GUI
>>> like Blender in Python? Or should we start some?
>> jruby is waiting for you ;-)
>>
>> a @http://codeforp...
>> --
>> we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being
>> better. simply reflect on that.
>> h.h. the 14th dalai lama
>
> Well, what about the JRuby performacne? when its a VM On VM?

JRuby performs at least as well as Ruby 1.8.6, and often better.

- Charlie