Re: [ANN] RegexpBench 0.5.2 Released

Charles Oliver Nutter

1/16/2008 5:32:00 AM

nyarly@gmail.com wrote:
> RegexpBench version 0.5.2 has been released!
>
> Interactive testing and experimentation with regular expressions. To start, type 'regexp-bench' First command: help. Current nicest feature: saving and restoring test strings from a YAML file. Biggest wishlist item: automatic rspec output.

Hmm, I wanted to try it out, but it uses DL which isn't completely
implemented under JRuby. What does it use DL for?

- Charlie

2 Answers

Judson Lester

On Jan 15, 2008 9:32 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter@sun.com> wrote:
> nyarly@gmail.com wrote:
> > RegexpBench version 0.5.2 has been released!
> >
> > Interactive testing and experimentation with regular expressions. To start, type 'regexp-bench' First command: help. Current nicest feature: saving and restoring test strings from a YAML file. Biggest wishlist item: automatic rspec output.
>
> Hmm, I wanted to try it out, but it uses DL which isn't completely
> implemented under JRuby. What does it use DL for?

It uses DL to access the line buffer in readline - something the stock
ruby readline doesn't allow for. CommandSet (the UI library that
regexp-bench uses) provides a pretty sophisticated context sensitive
tab completion that relies on knowing the whole line, rather than just
the last word.

How come you're using JRuby? :)

Judson
--
Your subnet is currently 169.254.0.0/16. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Charles Oliver Nutter

Judson Lester wrote:
> It uses DL to access the line buffer in readline - something the stock
> ruby readline doesn't allow for. CommandSet (the UI library that
> regexp-bench uses) provides a pretty sophisticated context sensitive
> tab completion that relies on knowing the whole line, rather than just
> the last word.
>
> How come you're using JRuby? :)

Because it's fast and I wrote large parts of it.

- Charlie