fxri load time (One-click install 1.8.6 on Windows

Its Me

1/13/2008 4:49:00 AM

I used to really like using fxri because of the online Ruby docs. Took just
a few seconds to start up.

Now (1.8.6 on Windows, using the one-click install) there are a *huge*
number of libraries that fxri wants to read in every time it starts, a total
of 14808 entries. This makes the startup very slow.

Any way to cut that down just to core Ruby libs?

Thanks.

1 Answer

Luis Lavena

On 13 ene, 01:48, "itsme213" <itsme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I used to really like using fxri because of the online Ruby docs. Took just
> a few seconds to start up.
>
> Now (1.8.6 on Windows, using the one-click install) there are a *huge*
> number of libraries that fxri wants to read in every time it starts, a total
> of 14808 entries. This makes the startup very slow.
>
> Any way to cut that down just to core Ruby libs?

I don't have a Windows box with Ruby handy right now, but you can try
removing the docs inside rubygems folder and restart fxri.

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena