What has happened to rubygarden.org?

William Rutiser

1/13/2008 1:14:00 AM

Is the rubygarden.org site still in operation? The URL is taking me to a
domain park.

-- Bill Rutiser

4 Answers

Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney

On Jan 12, 2008 7:13 PM, William Rutiser wrote:
> Is the rubygarden.org site still in operation? The URL is taking me to a
> domain park.

I'm under the impression it had shutdown due to spam.

For anyone listening, I think Ruby could really use a general-purpose
wiki to handle FAQs, compare Ruby programs like servers and databases,
and point to good books and blogs.

Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney

Thomas Adam

Helo --

On 13/01/2008, Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney <devi.webmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2008 7:13 PM, William Rutiser wrote:
> > Is the rubygarden.org site still in operation? The URL is taking me to a
> > domain park.
>

> I'm under the impression it had shutdown due to spam.
>
> For anyone listening, I think Ruby could really use a general-purpose
> wiki to handle FAQs, compare Ruby programs like servers and databases,
> and point to good books and blogs.

So, that'd be... oh, I don't know... rubygarden?

Seriously, I would be a little annoyed if it has just disappeared,
there was some good content on there.

-- Thomas Adam

Marc Heiler

> So, that'd be... oh, I don't know... rubygarden?

I believe an emphasis is rather in "providing all that is rather
important on one site". With "one site" i refer to the official rube
hompage, and I also personally wouldn't mind if the official ruby
webpage became more "feature rich". That being said, I never used or
visited rubygarden much, and I cant recall being there in the last ~3
years.

Chad Fowler

On Jan 12, 2008 6:13 PM, William Rutiser <wruyahoo05@comcast.net> wrote:

> Is the rubygarden.org site still in operation? The URL is taking me to a
> domain park.
>
> -- Bill Rutiser

My fault. I let it expire because the registrar had an old email address
for my contact info. Should be back soon.

Chad