Help Wanted - TMail Mail Library

Mikel Lindsaar

1/11/2008 3:36:00 AM

Hello all,

I am the current maintainer of TMail - a Ruby Email Handling Library

Over the past months I have updated this library quite a bit and
handled a bunch of bugs reported by you guys and gals (thanks all!).
I have put perhaps 500 lines of documentation into the library as well
as cleaned up a lot of edge case problems.

TMail 1.2.1 is about to be released which handles some more edge case
errors and improves the unix-mbox handling.

But I am looking to improve TMail's ability to handle encoding and
decoding as well as update the RACC parser to handle edge case email
addresses.

So I want to find someone who wants to help out. You don't have to be
an expert in these areas, but you do need to want to find out - RACC
is something you have to wrap your head around.

Fame, glory and swearing at broken encodings awaits you!

Besides, Rails, Nitro and (most importantly) the ruby-talk gateway
uses TMail... so think of it as helping the community :) Not to
mention all the other apps and frameworks out there that tie into
TMail.

So send me an email off list and we'll get talking. Immediately is
some bugs on encoding and decoding on Japanese language and foreign
language support in the headers that are still there for 1.8.6, then
onto helping me make TMail 1.9 compatible.

Let me know.

Mikel