Is there something better than getoptlong

SunRaySon

I there anything better than GetOptLong for parsing command line arguments.

Kiran.

6 Answers

Jesús Gabriel y Galán

On Jan 9, 2008 12:33 PM, SunRaySon <sunrayson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I there anything better than GetOptLong for parsing command line arguments.

I've used the main gem (gem install main) and I'm pretty happy with it.

Jesus.

Stephane Wirtel

SunRaySon a écrit :
> [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>
> Hi,
>
> I there anything better than GetOptLong for parsing command line arguments.
>
> Kiran.

you can try the "main" gem

Robert Klemme

2008/1/9, SunRaySon <sunrayson@gmail.com>:
> I there anything better than GetOptLong for parsing command line arguments.

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/optparse/rdoc/...

Cheers

robert

Daniel Berger

On Jan 9, 5:33=A0am, SunRaySon <sunray...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I there anything better than GetOptLong for parsing command line arguments=

Jan Friedrich

SunRaySon wrote:
> > I there anything better than GetOptLong for parsing command line
> arguments.
gem install trollop

Joel VanderWerf

SunRaySon wrote:
> I there anything better than GetOptLong for parsing command line arguments.

Ok, there are already more than enough excellent libraries mentioned,
but here's one that's tiny (~50 lines):

http://redshift.sourceforge.ne...