[ANN] Shoes Curious (0.r396) is out

_why

1/8/2008 9:38:00 PM

Today marks the first official release of Shoes, entitled Curious.

Shoes is a tiny toolkit (coded in C) for writing windowing apps in Ruby.
It's quite cross-platform, offering an environment for Windows, OS X,
Linux, BSDs and many others. Shoes is a reactionary work, countering
the widget-centric toolkits like FOX, QT and Tk. I take my cues from
REBOL/View, Processing, NodeBox and the web.

At its core, Shoes amounts to about 8,000 lines of C code and 1,000
lines of Ruby code.

Shoes also includes a built-in manual. Run: shoes --manual. This
document is perhaps 1/2 complete, let's say.

At any rate, the new builds are:

* Windows XP/Vista:
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/dist/shoes-0.r396-c...
* Mac OS X (Intel)
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/dist/shoes-0.r396-curious...
* Mac OS X (PowerPC)
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/dist/shoes-0.r396-curious-ppc-n...
* Linux/BSD source tarball
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/dist/shoes-0.r396-curi...

Most Shoes discussion happens on hackety.org. The Shoes development
page is at: <http://code.whytheluckystiff.net...

And that, my friends, is that.

_why