Fwd: DHCP Client

Derek Chesterfield

1/8/2008 1:27:00 PM

On 8 Jan 2008, at 11:54, Miquel wrote:

> "Robert Klemme" <shortcutter@googlemail.com> escrigu=E9:
>> 2008/1/7, Miquel <ktalanet@yahoo.es>:
>>> Does anybody know if any dhcp library exists in Ruby (I have
>>> googled a little and I haven't found anything)?
>> Probably because there is no need for this. DHCP is usually
>> implemented in network stacks. What do you need a DHCP client for?
> You are right (it doesn't make any sense).

Well, it would be useful for checking that your DHCP server is =20
responding and able to offer leases. Think Nagios, or similar network =20=

monitoring tools...

1 Answer

Miquel Oliete

EL Tue, 8 Jan 2008 22:26:48 +0900
Derek Chesterfield <groups@dezuk.com> escrigu=C3=A9:

> On 8 Jan 2008, at 11:54, Miquel wrote:
>=20
> >> Probably because there is no need for this. DHCP is usually
> >> implemented in network stacks. What do you need a DHCP client for?
> > You are right (it doesn't make any sense).
>=20
> Well, it would be useful for checking that your DHCP server is =20
> responding and able to offer leases. Think Nagios, or similar
> network monitoring tools...
>=20
Sure, but it woudn't be useful in my development

Regards

Miquel