Tk Canvas help

Jayson Williams

1/7/2008 4:18:00 PM

Where could I find some basic instruction on the use of the canvas
widget and its methods in Ruby Tk?

Thanks

1 Answer

Hidetoshi NAGAI

From: "Jayson Williams" <williams.jayson@gmail.com>
Subject: Tk Canvas help
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 01:17:33 +0900
> Where could I find some basic instruction on the use of the canvas
> widget and its methods in Ruby Tk?

Please see sample files under "<ruby-source-tree>/ext/tk/sample/".
And run "<ruby-source-tree>/ext/tk/sample/deme-en/widget",
select some of canvas widget demos,
click "Show Code" button, try to modify the code,
and click "Rerun Demo" button. :-)
Modification on the code window never change the original file.

After that, please see tk/canvas.rb and Tcl/Tk's canvas manual,
and compare Ruby/Tk's methods and Tcl/Tk's canvas subcommands.
Possibly you can get answers for many of your questions.
--
Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp)