DHCP Client

Miquel Oliete

1/7/2008 10:14:00 AM

Hi there

Does anybody know if any dhcp library exists in Ruby (I have googled a
little and I haven't found anything)?

Thanks in advance

Miquel

2 Answers

Robert Klemme

2008/1/7, Miquel <ktalanet@yahoo.es>:
> Does anybody know if any dhcp library exists in Ruby (I have googled a
> little and I haven't found anything)?

Probably because there is no need for this. DHCP is usually
implemented in network stacks. What do you need a DHCP client for?

Kind regards

robert

Miquel Oliete

EL Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:42:13 +0900
"Robert Klemme" <shortcutter@googlemail.com> escrigu=C3=A9:

> 2008/1/7, Miquel <ktalanet@yahoo.es>:
> > Does anybody know if any dhcp library exists in Ruby (I have
> > googled a little and I haven't found anything)?
>=20
> Probably because there is no need for this. DHCP is usually
> implemented in network stacks. What do you need a DHCP client for?
You are right (it doesn't make any sense).
>=20
> Kind regards
Best regards
>=20