miniunit

Joel VanderWerf

1/5/2008 8:00:00 PM

How does one actually use miniunit, if the normal test/unit is present?

For example, when I try to run miniunit's own tests:

$ ruby test_test_case.rb
test_test_case.rb:8: uninitialized constant MiniTest (NameError)

Or is miniunit only intended for use in a minimal environment where
test/unit is not present?

This is mostly idle curiosity. I'm playing with some extensions to the
test/unit framework, and will probably start with miniunit instead. For
this purpose, I can just copy and rename, so that miniunit isn't
shadowed by test/unit.

Eric Hodel

On Jan 5, 2008, at 11:59 AM, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> How does one actually use miniunit, if the normal test/unit is
> present?
>
> For example, when I try to run miniunit's own tests:
>
> $ ruby test_test_case.rb
> test_test_case.rb:8: uninitialized constant MiniTest (NameError)

Use the handy rake task:

$ gem fetch miniunit
Downloaded miniunit-1.1.0.gem
$ gem unpack miniunit-1.1.0.gem
Unpacked gem: '/Users/drbrain/tmp/miniunit-1.1.0'
$ cd miniunit-1.1.0/
/miniunit-1.1.0/
$ rake
(in /Users/drbrain/tmp/miniunit-1.1.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby -w
-Ilib:ext:bin:test -e 'require "test/test_test_case.rb"; require "test/
test_test_unit.rb"; require "test/unit"'
Loaded suite -e
Started
Finished in 0.004319 seconds.

> Or is miniunit only intended for use in a minimal environment where
> test/unit is not present?

require 'rubygems'
require 'test/unit'
Test = MiniTest

Should do the trick.

> This is mostly idle curiosity. I'm playing with some extensions to
> the test/unit framework, and will probably start with miniunit
> instead. For this purpose, I can just copy and rename, so that
> miniunit isn't shadowed by test/unit.

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:46:45 PM UTC-5, John Locke wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 16:28:43 -0800 (PST), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
>
> Humble Philosopher" <thetibetanmonkey@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:36:47 PM UTC-5, Resty Wyse wrote:
>
> >> NUCLEAR STRIKE againt China is NOW part of US LAW! NDAA [National Defense Authorization Act]
>

> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l...
>

> >What about my dollar store!?
>

> ...why are they concerned about tunnels in China with nuclear
>
> missiles ? Absolutely pointless. The idiots should be concerned about
>
> China's nuclear submarine fleet:
>

> "In 2010, a new class of missile sub, the Type 094 Jin class, entered
>
> the service. It is capable of launching 12 to 16 JL-2 missiles with a
>
> range of about 8,700 miles, covering much of the continental U.S. with
>
> single or multiple, independently targetable re-entry vehicle
>
> warheads."

I'm telling you, only Jesus can save us. Which means we are hopeless. ;)

rst0wxyz

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:52:02 PM UTC-8, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:46:45 PM UTC-5, John Locke wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 16:28:43 -0800 (PST), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
> > Humble Philosopher" <thetibetanmonkey@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:36:47 PM UTC-5, Resty Wyse wrote:
> > ...why are they concerned about tunnels in China with nuclear
> > missiles ? Absolutely pointless. The idiots should be concerned about
> > China's nuclear submarine fleet:
> > "In 2010, a new class of missile sub, the Type 094 Jin class, entered
> > the service. It is capable of launching 12 to 16 JL-2 missiles with a
> > range of about 8,700 miles, covering much of the continental U.S. with
> > single or multiple, independently targetable re-entry vehicle
> > warheads."

> I'm telling you, only Jesus can save us. Which means we are hopeless. ;)

Forget Jesus. He can't even save himself from the Romans.

rst0wxyz

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:25:15 PM UTC-8, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
> What about my dollar store!?

Sell it, and get your money back.

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:23:09 PM UTC-5, Resty Wyse wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:52:02 PM UTC-8, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:46:45 PM UTC-5, John Locke wrote:

> > > ...why are they concerned about tunnels in China with nuclear
>
> > > missiles ? Absolutely pointless. The idiots should be concerned about
>
> > > China's nuclear submarine fleet:
>
> > > "In 2010, a new class of missile sub, the Type 094 Jin class, entered
>
> > > the service. It is capable of launching 12 to 16 JL-2 missiles with a
>
> > > range of about 8,700 miles, covering much of the continental U.S. with
>
> > > single or multiple, independently targetable re-entry vehicle
>
> > > warheads."
>

> > I'm telling you, only Jesus can save us. Which means we are hopeless. ;)
>

> Forget Jesus. He can't even save himself from the Romans.

Imagine Jesus dropped a nuke on the Romans.

He didn't want to. Instead he went into hiding --for 2000 years!

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:25:13 PM UTC-5, Resty Wyse wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:25:15 PM UTC-8, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
>
> > What about my dollar store!?
>

> Sell it, and get your money back.

Hey, the dollar store ain't mine. I just shop there.

rst0wxyz

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:59:33 PM UTC-8, Fisjono wrote:
> Isn't that typical of stupid thinking? America's missiles don't have to
> travel thousands of miles to reach mainland China. Missile launchers are
> in Japan, in Taiwan, in South Korea, in the Philippines, in Singapore,
> they are everywhere less than a block distance. And the Chinese
> submarines have to launch their missiles from 8,700 miles away to reach
> the US mainland? No one even cares if the Chinese missiles are capable
> of traveling 100,000 miles...
> STUPID YALE GUEN MAR.....ROTFL
> Stop showing your stupidity here, you LAZY BUM! Start thinking, stop
> copy, paste, and post without serious thinking...he he he he

Do you know what you are talking about, Abang Adil?
So far, all you have shown is your stupidity.

Fisjono

On 2/5/2014 6:31 PM, Resty Wyse wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:59:33 PM UTC-8, Fisjono wrote:
>> Isn't that typical of stupid thinking? America's missiles don't have to
>> travel thousands of miles to reach mainland China. Missile launchers are
>> in Japan, in Taiwan, in South Korea, in the Philippines, in Singapore,
>> they are everywhere less than a block distance. And the Chinese
>> submarines have to launch their missiles from 8,700 miles away to reach
>> the US mainland? No one even cares if the Chinese missiles are capable
>> of traveling 100,000 miles...
>> STUPID YALE GUEN MAR.....ROTFL
>> Stop showing your stupidity here, you LAZY BUM! Start thinking, stop
>> copy, paste, and post without serious thinking...he he he he
>
> Do you know what you are talking about, Abang Adil?

Yes, talking about you! You smell like VAGINA

You had lived with half a dozen ex-wives and half a dozen dirty girl
friends and woman companions. How can you smell like a rose?
wakakakakakakak.

> So far, all you have shown is your stupidity.

rst0wxyz

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:48:47 PM UTC-8, Fisjono wrote:
I smell much better than you,
a professional student,
a fake,
a fraud,
a failure,...

Most of all, a low IQ junkie who wanted more,
but only getting less.

Fisjono

On 2/5/2014 6:52 PM, Resty Wyse wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:48:47 PM UTC-8, Fisjono wrote:
> I smell much better than you,

If you don't use DEODORANT, you smell like VAGINA (fish sauce).

Everything around you is VAGINA. You said that yourself...he he he he
Ex-wives and girl friends and lady companions of ill reputation.