common variable in a more than one process ?

Pokkai Dokkai

1/5/2008 10:17:00 AM

is there any way to access a common variable in more than one processes
which are created in ruby ?

or

can we access a global variable or class variable into more than one
processes..

Robert Klemme

On 05.01.2008 11:16, Pokkai Dokkai wrote:
> is there any way to access a common variable in more than one processes
> which are created in ruby ?
>
> or
>
> can we access a global variable or class variable into more than one
> processes..

Depends on the usage. For values that change often you could use DRb.

Cheers

robert

Marcin Raczkowski

You can set variables before fork.

but if you want to change them you should probably check SystemVIPC (on
inux and cygwin) or drb