comp.lang.lisp

slime C-c C-c annoyance

Jim Newton

7/6/2015 8:55:00 AM

Does anyone have a good workaround for this problem other than: just be careful!

When I've compiled a large package and slime has given me a *slime-compilation* buffer,
I like to work through this buffer issue by issue, fixing the errors, warnings, etc.
But If I ever press C-c C-c in the editor window while fixing an error, slime destroys the *(slime-compilation* buffer with the compilation output of C-c C-c.

2 Answers

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Jim Newton <jimka.issy@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone have a good workaround for this problem other than: just be careful!
>
> When I've compiled a large package and slime has given me a *slime-compilation* buffer,
> I like to work through this buffer issue by issue, fixing the errors, warnings, etc.
> But If I ever press C-c C-c in the editor window while fixing an
> error, slime destroys the *(slime-compilation* buffer with the
> compilation output of C-c C-c.

You can put an advice on slime-compile-defun to check whether you have a
*slime-compilation* buffer and if yes, to ask for confirmation.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__ http://www.informat...
â??The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a

Helmut Eller

On Mon, Jul 06 2015, Jim Newton wrote:

> But If I ever press C-c C-c in the editor window while fixing an
> error, slime destroys the *(slime-compilation* buffer with the
> compilation output of C-c C-c.

You could rename the *slime-compilation* buffer before you start the
next compilation. Then later go back to the renamed buffer to jump to
the unfixed errors.

Helmut