comp.lang.lisp

SLIME + ASDF + compilation error

budden

7/6/2015 7:57:00 AM

Hi! It's me again.

I run SLIME, SBCL, and I do (asdf:load-system :my-system)

then I see sldb:

The name "EDITOR" does not designate any package.
[Condition of type SB-KERNEL:SIMPLE-PACKAGE-ERROR]

Restarts:
0: [RETRY] Retry compiling #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "editor-budden-tools" "find-readtable-for-point">.
1: [ACCEPT] Continue, treating compiling #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "editor-budden-tools" "find-readtable-for-point"> as having been successful.
2: [RETRY] Retry ASDF operation.
3: [CLEAR-CONFIGURATION-AND-RETRY] Retry ASDF operation after resetting the configuration.
4: [ABORT] Abort compilation.
--more--

Backtrace:
0: (SB-INT:%FIND-PACKAGE-OR-LOSE "EDITOR")
1: (SB-INT:FIND-UNDELETED-PACKAGE-OR-LOSE "EDITOR")
2: ((LAMBDA NIL :IN "c:/s2b/lib/budden-tools/lispworks-ide-buddens-tools/find-readtable-for-point.lisp"))

How do I jump to source of error?
4 Answers

budden

Ok, I guess I need to read stack, figure out what the filename is, then open that file and recompile it with slime-compile-and-load-file? Or there is a simpler way?

Sebastian Christ

budden> Ok, I guess I need to read stack, figure out what the
budden> filename is, then open that file and recompile it with
budden> slime-compile-and-load-file? Or there is a simpler way?

You can place your point on one of the stack frames and press 'v' to
jump to the source. [1]

In the file buffer you can press 'C-c C-k' to compile and load file. [2]

In between you should fix your bug. :)

[1]
https://common-lisp.net/project/slime/doc/html/Examining-frames.html#Examin...
[2]
https://common-lisp.net/project/slime/doc/html/Compilation.html#C...

budden

This does not work for me. No frame leads to file being compiled. I jump only to sources of SLIME, ASDF or SBCL itself, not to the file being compiled.

budden

Well, I see anyone openes files manually. I have a solution for this which was briefly discuseed recently at asdf-devel mailing list. You can see it here:

https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/asdf-devel/2015-July/su...

It looks like my patch wont' be accepted, but you can use my library instead or add a handler and try to promote your patch to asdf developers.