comp.lang.lisp

Re: #'format and string interpolation

William James

5/21/2015 8:42:00 PM

David Bakhash wrote:

> Is there a FORMAT-like routine out there that has a special escape sequence
> for printing the values of string variables directly inside the format
> strings? This would work as follows:
>
> (setq str-1 "hello"
> str-2 "world")
>
> (format t "$str-1 beautiful $str-2!")
>
> would print:
>
> "hello beautiful world!"

Gauche Scheme:

(let ((s1 "hello")
(s2 'world))
(print #"~s1 beautiful ~|s2|!"))
===>
hello beautiful world!

--
Sahlin [stressed] that her compatriots must accept that the new Sweden is
multi-cultural.... "Like it or not, this is the new Sweden."

auwe digidauw

TheInquirer <always@ask.questions> wrote in

> On 12/11/2013 2:47 PM, auwe digidauw wrote:
>> TheInquirer<always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l86noa$2dn$1@dont-
>> email.me:
>>
>>> actually, how many percent foreigners can / should Singapore
>>> accomodate?
>>
>> nil, nada .... looking at how you've behaved
>

> you mean looking at how you've behaved?

cant you behave ? stop acting robot !

TheInquirer

On 12/11/2013 4:33 PM, auwe digidauw wrote:

> cant you behave ? stop acting robot !

please speak for yourself. you are the robot, remember?

--
Just answer the damn question(s), not the questioner! Don't
presume. My personal matters/beliefs are none of your

auwe digidauw

TheInquirer <always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l898b8$rek$6@dont-
email.me:

> please speak for yourself. you are the robot, remember?

you need to be reprogrammed

there are major errors in your scripts

apparently you're infected by virus, a harmful ones

why didnt your maker equip you

with self-correcting scripts ???

TheInquirer

On 12/11/2013 5:11 PM, auwe digidauw wrote:

> you need to be reprogrammed

please speak for yourself, Mr All Digital!
do you think i have awe for your digi...diahorrea?