[ANN] RMagick 2.0.0

Tim Hunter

12/28/2007 4:11:00 PM

RMagick 2.0.0 is now available at RubyForge
[http://rubyforge.org/project...]. You can read all about this
release here: [http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/rma...]

You should use RMagick 2 instead of RMagick 1 if

1) You want to use RMagick with Ruby 1.9.0. RMagick 2 works with 1.9.0.
RMagick 1 does not.

2) You want to use new ImageMagick functionality. RMagick 1 maintenance
is limited to bug fixes. New ImageMagick functionality will appear in
RMagick 2.

3) You want to have better control over RMagick's memory usage. RMagick
2 has two new methods - Image#destroy! and Magick.trace_proc= - that can
help you manage the memory used by images in your programs.

You should stick with RMagick 1 if

1) You want to use older releases of ImageMagick or Ruby.

2) You want to use RMagick with GraphicsMagick.

RMagick 2 has different prerequisites and is very slightly incompatible
with RMagick 1, so be sure to read the web page before you download it.

The detailed ChangeLog is here
[http://rubyforge.org/frs/shownotes.php?releas...]

Please report bugs on RMagick's bug tracker
[http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?g...]. You can ask questions in
the RMagick Help Forum [http://rubyforge.org/forum/?g...], or
contact me directly at rmagick AT rubyforge DOT org.

Enjoy!

--
RMagick 2 [http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/rma...]

6 Answers

auwe digidauw

TheInquirer <always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l881ja$2l4$2@dont-
email.me:

> are those _my_ rules or just basic manners?

do you see other netters jabbering those rules

everty time they post/argue with others as much as you do ?

They dont even have footer like yours , hello ....

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .......

TheInquirer

On 12/11/2013 2:22 PM, auwe digidauw wrote:
> TheInquirer<always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l881ja$2l4$2@dont-
> email.me:
>
>> are those _my_ rules or just basic manners?
>
> do you see other netters jabbering those rules

whether or not other people post those rules, you are a guest here, you
know? do you know how to behave yourself?

--
Just answer the damn question(s), not the questioner! Don't
presume. My personal matters/beliefs are none of your

auwe digidauw

TheInquirer <always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l894bk$9f5$3@dont-
email.me:

> whether or not other people post those rules, you are a guest here, you
> know? do you know how to behave yourself?

GUEST my ass ...

we are all equal here,

this is free world, free internet, UNMODERATED

this is not exclusive forum,

geeeez how come you are so shallow narrow minded,

despite your being "advanced" singaporean

now I believe you that you dont even have a kindergarten certificate

(I thought you were joking)

stop bullying other netters

and try to kick me out...

mBwahahahahahaha

TheInquirer

On 12/11/2013 4:31 PM, auwe digidauw wrote:

> GUEST my ass ...

can you please repeat this in front of your mirror 100 times?

auwe digidauw

TheInquirer <always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l8983q$rek$1@dont-
email.me:

> On 12/11/2013 4:31 PM, auwe digidauw wrote:
>
>> GUEST my ass ...
>

> can you please repeat this in front of your mirror 100 times?

so you think you own and moderate s.c.singapore huh ???

ha ha ha , keep dreamin'

TheInquirer

On 12/11/2013 4:36 PM, auwe digidauw wrote:

> so you think you own and moderate s.c.singapore huh ???

i don't. but as a guest in s.c.s., can you stop behaving like a robot?