Irb > HowTo / Can I > ClearScreen?

Ken Awamura

12/28/2007 12:29:00 AM

Hi. When in terminal/cmd in case I need to clear screen I can type 'cls'
(windows) ... the question I have is, once in IRB, is there a similar
command?

Giles Bowkett

> Hi. When in terminal/cmd in case I need to clear screen I can type 'cls'
> (windows) ... the question I have is, once in IRB, is there a similar
> command?

I use Ctrl-L, but technically that's cheating; I think it's part of
Unix rather than part of IRB. So it may not work on Windows.

--
Giles Bowkett

Podcast: http://hollywoodgrit.bl...
Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...
Portfolio: http://www.gilesg...
Tumblelog: http://giles....

Shin guey Wong

Giles Bowkett wrote:
>> Hi. When in terminal/cmd in case I need to clear screen I can type 'cls'
>> (windows) ... the question I have is, once in IRB, is there a similar
>> command?

You can use system('cls'), `cls` seems like got problem on windows.

Ken Awamura

Shin guey Wong wrote:
> Giles Bowkett wrote:
> You can use system('cls'), `cls` seems like got problem on windows.

Ok ... system('cls') works fine on Windows, but unfortunately Ctrl-L
doesn't.

Thanx all for the tips :-)

auwe digidauw

TheInquirer <always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l7vvv5$r67$1@dont-
email.me:

> acceptable answer can be "yes, we all have been brain-washed by the
> mainscream media, because ... "
> acceptable answer can be "no, not all of use have been brain-washed by
> the mainscream media, because ... "
> acceptable answer can be "no, we all have not been brain-washed by the
> mainscream media, because ... "
> these are some examples of acceptable answers.

see, this is how you want others to answer according to your preference

how can you be this shallow and narrow

wheres the freedom of speech on internet ?

you cant take NO for an answer, can you ?

TheInquirer

On 12/8/2013 4:27 AM, auwe digidauw wrote:
> TheInquirer<always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l7vvv5$r67$1@dont-
> email.me:
>
>> acceptable answer can be "yes, we all have been brain-washed by the
>> mainscream media, because ... "
>> acceptable answer can be "no, not all of use have been brain-washed by
>> the mainscream media, because ... "
>> acceptable answer can be "no, we all have not been brain-washed by the
>> mainscream media, because ... "
>> these are some examples of acceptable answers.
>
> see, this is how you want others to answer according to your preference

this is just basic nettiquette.

Infidel Castro? Man-there-lah said "no".
have we all been brain-washed by the mainscream media?

--
Just answer the damn question, not the questioner! Don't
presume. My personal matters/beliefs are none of your

auwe digidauw

TheInquirer <always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l800t8$vs5$2@dont-
email.me:

> this is just basic nettiquette.

how you are so f*cking good in making excuses

TheInquirer

On 12/8/2013 4:52 AM, auwe digidauw wrote:

> how you are so f*cking good in making excuses

have we all been brain-washed by the mainscream media?

acceptable answer can be "yes, we all have been brain-washed by the
mainscream media, because ... "
acceptable answer can be "no, not all of use have been brain-washed by
the mainscream media, because ... "
acceptable answer can be "no, we all have not been brain-washed by the
mainscream media, because ... "
these are some examples of acceptable answers.

NOTE THE WORD "CAN" IS USED. NOT "MUST".

personal attacks / remarks constitute a non-acceptable answer
e.g. "you've been brainwashed by Google and Youtube anyway

since you promote their "product" in almost all of

your posts 24/7 and trying to direct opinion according

to your preference
"

once the pronoun "you" is being used and/or a reference to TheInquirer
is being made in the response, there is a probability of 0.999999 of it
being not-acceptable.
even if the answer is a flattering ass-kissing answer like
"TheInquirer is very handsome" it is not an acceptable answer, because
it is off-topic. the topic is "Castro, media".

remember: Just answer the damn question, not the questioner!
Don't get personal. Don't presume. Let's try again.

have we all been brain-washed by the mainscream media?

--
Just answer the damn question, not the questioner! Don't
presume. My personal matters/beliefs are none of your
business. I ask, you answer. If you think I am stupid,
you have already proven that you are stupid, not me. If
you don't know the answer, can you please "pass" to other
people to answer? thanks.

auwe digidauw

who gives it a damn to rules set out by a self-elected "moderator"

of soc.culture.singapore ???!!

only idiots do , mBwahahahaha

TheInquirer

On 12/8/2013 5:54 AM, auwe digidauw wrote:
> who gives it a damn to rules set out

did you mother teach you basic manners?

auwe digidauw

TheInquirer <always@ask.questions> wrote in news:l8064l$vu0$2@dont-
email.me:

> On 12/8/2013 5:54 AM, auwe digidauw wrote:
>> who gives it a damn to rules set out
>
> did you mother teach you basic manners?

you mean you want people to follow your rules ???

who the hell you think you are ?

mbwahahahahahaha, now you are day dreaming bro ....

hey I thought you dont attack personal thing

its particular rule you set up yourself , remember ?!

so while you demand others to follow your rules

you are free to violate it any time you want, huh ???

mBwahahahahahahaha, why are you so unfairly cheatful ?