Re: Ruby 1.9.0 is released

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Ruby 1.9.0 is released"
on Thu, 27 Dec 2007 02:52:17 +0900, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter@sun.com> writes:

|> How about updating doc/NEWS file, and sending patches to
|> <ruby-core@ruby-lang.org> list? Or we can set up Wiki pages for
|> cooperate documentation writing.
|
|What about spec.ruby-doc.org? It's already got a lot of documentation
|for various aspects of 1.8, and I'd be ecstatic if it could be used as a
|cooperative place to document Ruby 1.9 as well.

It's a great place if they accept 1.9 changes in spec.

matz.

3 Answers

botp

On Dec 27, 2007 7:49 AM, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz@ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> In message "Re: Ruby 1.9.0 is released"
> on Thu, 27 Dec 2007 02:52:17 +0900, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter@sun.com> writes:
> |> How about updating doc/NEWS file, and sending patches to
> |> <ruby-core@ruby-lang.org> list? Or we can set up Wiki pages for
> |> cooperate documentation writing.
> |What about spec.ruby-doc.org? It's already got a lot of documentation
> |for various aspects of 1.8, and I'd be ecstatic if it could be used as a
> |cooperative place to document Ruby 1.9 as well.
>
> It's a great place if they accept 1.9 changes in spec.

note, there is also noobkit.com. It's being actively nurtured by AlexG
(I know since i've been tracking/using it..). An example is
http://www.noobkit.com/show/ruby/ruby/ruby.... Friendly
interface, full search, and w active links/reference.. My point is, if
people can find things easily, then it would be easy to document..

kind regards -botp

Brad Tilley

On this page:
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/...

The 1.9.0 Windows Binary download link is broken. The Christmas Day 2007
Windows binaries appear to be here:
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/binaries/mswin32...

I just wanted to let you guys know about this. 1.9.0 has been very fun
to experiment with so far. Thanks again for the great work!

Brad

James Gray

On Dec 27, 2007, at 7:47 AM, Brad Tilley wrote:

> On this page:
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/...
>
> The 1.9.0 Windows Binary download link is broken. The Christmas Day
> 2007
> Windows binaries appear to be here:
> ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/binaries/mswin32...
>
> I just wanted to let you guys know about this. 1.9.0 has been very fun
> to experiment with so far. Thanks again for the great work!

Should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out.

James Edward Gray II