Temporary hacked gem for Hpricot to work on 1.9

Michael Fellinger

12/26/2007 10:02:00 AM

I just spent a while to port Hpricot to ruby 1.9 and finally had
success. The gem can be found at

http://weez-int.com/gem/hpric...

But more important i think is to share information on how to create
the gem, here are the:
fixed ext/hpricot_scan/extconf.rb: http://p.ram...
fixed Rakefile: http://p.ram...

The most important changes here are patching the C generated by ragel
(i have no knowledge of ragel, that should be probably fixed on their
side, i guess) and that ruby1.9 has no ::Config module anymore, it's
RbConfig.
I'll post the same information to hpricots bugtracker, but i figured
it's a commonly used gem and so more people should be able to enjoy it
on 1.9 ;)

^ manveru

3 Answers

_why

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 07:02:14PM +0900, Michael Fellinger wrote:
> I just spent a while to port Hpricot to ruby 1.9 and finally had
> success. The gem can be found at
>
> http://weez-int.com/gem/hpric...

Oh, hey, that's great! Just checked changes into Hpricot trunk to
reflect this.

_why

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

_why wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 07:02:14PM +0900, Michael Fellinger wrote:
>> I just spent a while to port Hpricot to ruby 1.9 and finally had
>> success. The gem can be found at
>>
>> http://weez-int.com/gem/hpric...
>
> Oh, hey, that's great! Just checked changes into Hpricot trunk to
> reflect this.
>
> _why

Thanks!! Now all I need is "rcov" and I can start testing BDD with Ruby
1.9.0-0!!

Aman Gupta

And another.. http://p.ram...

http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/hpricot/...