Re: Ruby DBI

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido

12/26/2007 5:15:00 AM

On 12/24/07, Praveen Ray <praveen@perspectivepartners.com> wrote:

> Hi
> What's the best way to do raw SQL in Ruby? Something like Perl's DBI. I see
> there is a Ruby DBI but it seems in beta. Can one use ActiveRecord to run
> arbitrary SQL statements? I'm not really interested in a full-fledged ORM -
> just a way to run SQL succinctly and easily.
>
> Thanks

Same problem I have. Ruby DBI doesn't _look_ finished so I'm trying some O/RMs.

We are using ActiveRecord at work to write database agnostic scripts
and I'm testing Sequel, which looks pretty nice (
http://code.google.com/p/r... ).

Other O/RMs:

* datamapper: http://www.datam... (looks nice too)
* Og: http://www.nitroproject.org/docs/rdoc/...