REXML/Amrita2 closing tag

Vasyl Smirnov

I've noticed that Amrita2 (which uses REXML), automagically compresses
empty tags, for example:

becomes just

Is there any way to turn this behavior off? It doesn't play well with
textarea tags, which must always be matched by a full closing tag (</
textarea>).

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to everyone.

4 Answers

Phrogz

On Dec 24, 2:43 pm, Vasyl Smirnov <vasyl.smir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that Amrita2 (which uses REXML), automagically compresses
> empty tags, for example:

> becomes just

> Is there any way to turn this behavior off? It doesn't play well with
> textarea tags, which must always be matched by a full closing tag (</
> textarea>).

It does not appear so:
http://www.germane-software.com/projects/rexml...

Vasyl Smirnov

On Dec 24, 10:50 pm, Phrogz <phr...@mac.com> wrote:

> It does not appear so:http://www.germane-software.com/projects/rexml...

It's sad. REXML looks like an almost abandoned project.

Michael Fellinger

On Dec 25, 2007 5:59 AM, Vasyl Smirnov <vasyl.smirnov@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 24, 10:50 pm, Phrogz <phr...@mac.com> wrote:
> >
> > It does not appear so:http://www.germane-software.com/projects/rexml...
>
> It's sad. REXML looks like an almost abandoned project.

http://p.ram...

Not perfect, but it fixes your problem (ruby ftw :)

^ manveru

Vasyl Smirnov

On Dec 25, 3:32 am, "Michael Fellinger" <m.fellin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://p.ram...
>
> Not perfect, but it fixes your problem (ruby ftw :)

Thanks a lot, Michael!