comp.lang.lisp

Re: CLAWK Confusion

William James

4/2/2015 5:24:00 PM

Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> Jack wrote:
> > I'd be grateful if anyone can help me with this problem.
> >
> > I have a working AWK script that I want to convert to CLAWK. The AWK
> > script is as follows:
>
> Awk? That's like Perl's dumber grand uncle.

Gauche Scheme:

(regexp-replace* "Awk? That's like Perl's dumber grand uncle."
#/.w./ "COBOL-Like" #/..rl/ "Scheme")

===>
"COBOL-Like? That's like Scheme's dumber grand uncle."

> > (in-package :clawk-user)
>
> Try using CL-PPCRE and LOOP:
>
> (with-open-file (f ...)
> (loop
> for line = (read-line f nil nil)
> while line
> do ... bunch of regular expression matches with CL-PPCRE ...
> ))

Gauche Scheme:

(use srfi-42) ; do-ec

(call-with-input-file " ... "
(lambda (port)
(do-ec (: line port read-line)
(begin
... ))))
10 Answers

baldeagle

On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 11:58:24 UTC+8, Baboe Belanda wrote:

> I think you misunderstood what the treaty is all about.

I think you talk nonsense...

> When Japan is attacked, just like when Israel is attacked, Washington will
> have to intervene in defense of Japan or Israel. Now you wrote that:
>
> >The treaty was signed in 1952... In 1952 the Diaoyu islands were under US admistration. (Chiang KS allow the US to use and to administer the islands,..but the islands was owned by China.)
>

> The Diaoyu islands were under US Administration under Chiang KS..."but
>
> the islands was owned by China"?

Yes.

> Who came first, Chiang KS or
>
> Communist China?

> Has the US Administration released ownership or Administration of the Diaoyu islands to Communist China? When?

You talk cock again. The USA NEVER, repeat NEVER own the Diaoyu islands. When you don't own the house you live in, can you give it away ?
The map of USA (from 1945 to 1972) NEVER show that the US own the Diaoyu islands.

> You can also look at it this way. As far as the US is concerned, the
>
> Diaoyu islands were never a part of Communist China, just like Taiwan
>
> was never a part of China.

Check your facts...Do the USA recognize Taiwan as a separate independent country, or Do the USA recognise ONLY one China and Taiwan is part of China ? The answer is simple. Is there a U.S. embassy in Taiwan ??????

http://history.state.gov/count...
" On January 1, 1979, the United States recognized the PRC and established diplomatic relations with it as the sole legitimate government of China. On the same day, the United States withdrew its recognition of, and terminated diplomatic relations with, the Republic of China as the government of China."

Similar garbage/nonsense deleted.

baldeagle

On Thursday, 28 November 2013 00:09:36 UTC+8, Baboe Belanda wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:53:26 -0800 (PST), force.sin@gmail.com wrote:
>

> Why not? If the owner of the house give me the right to do whatever I
>
> want to do with the house,

Talking cock again.
Did Chian KS give the islands to the USA...or
authorise the USA to hand over the administration to Japan !?

Gabage deleted.

rst0wxyz

Baboon Animal is a brainless professional student aka a fake aka a fraud who never learns and never understands. No sense talking to him. Just give him hell.

Baboe Belanda

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 08:13:38 -0800 (PST), force.sin@gmail.com wrote:

>On Thursday, 28 November 2013 00:09:36 UTC+8, Baboe Belanda wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:53:26 -0800 (PST), force.sin@gmail.com wrote:
>>

>> Why not? If the owner of the house give me the right to do whatever I
>>
>> want to do with the house,
>
>Talking cock again.
>Did Chian KS give the islands to the USA...or
>authorise the USA to hand over the administration to Japan !?

So, that's what the US did, GAVE it to Japan...and not to mainland
China. China has NO right to the islands. The Japanese has the right
to do whatever it pleases with the islands, not Yale Guen Mar of
Merced..he he he

>Gabage deleted.

Don't delete anything before you have read and understood my counter
arguments..
___________________________________
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your
pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn
and tear you in pieces." Matthew 7:6

rst0wxyz

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:26:17 AM UTC-8, Baboe Belanda wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 08:13:38 -0800 (PST), force.sin@gmail.com wrote:
> >Talking cock again.
> >Did Chian KS give the islands to the USA...or
> >authorise the USA to hand over the administration to Japan !?
> So, that's what the US did, GAVE it to Japan...and not to mainland
> China. China has NO right to the islands. The Japanese has the right
> to do whatever it pleases with the islands, not Yale Guen Mar of
> Merced..he he he

I have always said, the power of the gun speaks the loudest. The power of the gun is always right.

From now on, the Diaoyu Islands belongs to the country with the biggest gun, the biggest power of the gun.

Baboe Belanda

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:29:48 -0800 (PST), Resty Wyse
<rst0wxyz@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:26:17 AM UTC-8, Baboe Belanda wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 08:13:38 -0800 (PST), force.sin@gmail.com wrote:
>> >Talking cock again.
>> >Did Chian KS give the islands to the USA...or
>> >authorise the USA to hand over the administration to Japan !?
>> So, that's what the US did, GAVE it to Japan...and not to mainland
>> China. China has NO right to the islands. The Japanese has the right
>> to do whatever it pleases with the islands, not Yale Guen Mar of
>> Merced..he he he
>
>I have always said, the power of the gun speaks the loudest. The power of the gun is always right.

What has the power of the gun to do with what is right? Did Chiang KS
not give the USA the power to hand over the administration of the
islands to Japan? And now Japan has the islands, not you Yale Guen
Mar...;)

>From now on, the Diaoyu Islands belongs to the country with the biggest gun, the biggest power of the gun.

Japan doesn't have the biggest power of the gun. It has the Senkaku
islands, that's all.
___________________________________

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:55:55 PM UTC-8, Baboe Belanda wrote:
> >I have always said, the power of the gun speaks the loudest. The power of the gun is always right.
> What has the power of the gun to do with what is right? Did Chiang KS
> not give the USA the power to hand over the administration of the
> islands to Japan? And now Japan has the islands, not you Yale Guen
> Mar...;)
> >From now on, the Diaoyu Islands belongs to the country with the biggest gun, the biggest power of the gun.
> Japan doesn't have the biggest power of the gun. It has the Senkaku
> islands, that's all.

Baboon Animal, you don't have the brain to understand the most basic problems.

Baboe Belanda

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:59:31 -0800 (PST), Resty Wyse
<rst0wxyz@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:55:55 PM UTC-8, Baboe Belanda wrote:
>> >I have always said, the power of the gun speaks the loudest. The power of the gun is always right.
>> What has the power of the gun to do with what is right? Did Chiang KS
>> not give the USA the power to hand over the administration of the
>> islands to Japan? And now Japan has the islands, not you Yale Guen
>> Mar...;)
>> >From now on, the Diaoyu Islands belongs to the country with the biggest gun, the biggest power of the gun.
>> Japan doesn't have the biggest power of the gun. It has the Senkaku
>> islands, that's all.
>
>Baboon Animal, you don't have the brain to understand the most basic problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senka...

What is the most basic problem, you? You are not the most basic
problem. You are the most advanced problem! That's why your stepmother
beat you to a pulp. She could do better than that, but she did
not...;) Stupid stepmother...
___________________________________
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your
pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn
and tear you in pieces." Matthew 7:6

rst9

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:11:44 PM UTC-8, Baboe Belanda wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:59:31 -0800 (PST), Resty Wyse
> >Baboon Animal, you don't have the brain to understand the most basic problems.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senka...
> What is the most basic problem, you? You are not the most basic
> problem. You are the most advanced problem!

Thank you for saying that. That IS a complement that you don't even realize.
Again, you don't have the brain to understand the most basic problems.

WJ wrote:

> Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>
> > Jack wrote:
> > > I'd be grateful if anyone can help me with this problem.
> > >
> > > I have a working AWK script that I want to convert to CLAWK. The AWK
> > > script is as follows:
> >
> > Awk? That's like Perl's dumber grand uncle.
>

> Gauche Scheme:
>
> (regexp-replace* "Awk? That's like Perl's dumber grand uncle."
> #/.w./ "COBOL-Like" #/..rl/ "Scheme")
>
> ===>
> "COBOL-Like? That's like Scheme's dumber grand uncle."

OCaml:

#load "str.cma";;

List.fold_left
(fun accum (pat, rep) -> Str.replace_first (Str.regexp pat) rep accum)
"Awk? That's like Perl's dumber grand uncle."
["...", "COBOL-Like"; "P...", "Scheme"] ;;

"COBOL-Like? That's like Scheme's dumber grand uncle."

--
I don't believe in western morality, i.e. don't kill civilians or children....
The only way to fight a moral war is the Jewish way: Destroy their holy sites.