Simple Captcha : Zero Dependecy Captcha for Rails

sur

12/23/2007 3:06:00 AM

Finally after long wait, the next stable release of the fun-du, simple
and useful plugin SimpleCaptcha is here!.

Major changes have been incorporated to the plugin in this release
1.2.0

Which includes...

* No Pre-Requisites
* RMagick NOT required anymore
* FileSystem Usage Removed
* No third part dependency(NO API call!)
* Works Perfectly with Multiple Clustered Servers
* A completely local application based ZERO DEPENDENCY CAPTCHA

And many more...
Read here( http://expressica.com/simp... ) for implementation,
usage and examples.

5 Answers

Anim8rFSK

In article <le5b49$j4h$1@dont-email.me>,
Rhino <no_offline_contact_please@example.com> wrote:

> On 2014-02-20 9:54 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
> > This is an Incredible story!
> >
> > In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from
> > Northwestern University . On a hike through the bush, he came across a
> > young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.
> >
> > The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully.
> > He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a large
> > piece of wood deeply embedded in it.
> >
> > As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his
> > knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.
> > The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its
> > face, stared at him for several tense moments..
> >
> > Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled.
> > Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away.
> > Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.
> >
> > Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his
> > teen aged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the
> > creatures turned and
> > walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing.
> >
> > The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the
> > ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then
> > trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.
> >
> > Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this
> > was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the
> > railing, and made his way into the enclosure.
> >
> > He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.
> > The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs
> > and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.
> >
> > Probably wasn't the same elephant..
> >

> Sorry, I'm not getting why this is so "incredible". Do you mean it is
> incredible
> because this guy helped an elephant? Incredible that he thought the
> second elephant
> might be the same elephant? Incredible that the second elephant attacked
> him?
>
> Also, is this supposed to be a true story? Your use of his full name and
> the date of the encounter with the original elephant makes me think so
> but you don't cite any source for this story, like a Darwin Awards
> article. Your final line makes it sound more like a joke, just like the
> obvious joke you posted just before that.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/not-the-same-elep...

Lost of similar hits. Fake, fake, fake.

--
Wait - are you saying that ClodReamer was wrong, or lying?

Barb May

anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <le5b49$j4h$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact_please@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2014-02-20 9:54 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
>>> This is an Incredible story!
>>>
>>> In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from
>>> Northwestern University . On a hike through the bush, he came
>>> across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the
>>> air.
>>>
>>> The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very
>>> carefully.
>>> He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a
>>> large piece of wood deeply embedded in it.
>>>
>>> As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out
>>> with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.
>>> The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look
>>> on its face, stared at him for several tense moments..
>>>
>>> Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled.
>>> Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away.
>>> Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.
>>>
>>> Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with
>>> his teen aged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one
>>> of the creatures turned and
>>> walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing.
>>>
>>> The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off
>>> the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times
>>> then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.
>>>
>>> Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering
>>> if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage,
>>> climbed over the railing, and made his way into the enclosure.
>>>
>>> He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.
>>> The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter
>>> legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.
>>>
>>> Probably wasn't the same elephant..
>>>

>> Sorry, I'm not getting why this is so "incredible". Do you mean it is
>> incredible
>> because this guy helped an elephant? Incredible that he thought the
>> second elephant
>> might be the same elephant? Incredible that the second elephant
>> attacked him?
>>
>> Also, is this supposed to be a true story? Your use of his full name
>> and the date of the encounter with the original elephant makes me
>> think so but you don't cite any source for this story, like a Darwin
>> Awards article. Your final line makes it sound more like a joke,
>> just like the obvious joke you posted just before that.
>
> http://www.hoax-slayer.com/not-the-same-elep...
>
> Lost of similar hits. Fake, fake, fake.

Jeeze, you two. Anything Mike says is suspect, but this is an old joke.

--
Barb

Michael Black

Rhino

On 2014-02-20 12:10 PM, Irish Mike wrote:
> On Feb 20 2014 12:39 PM, Rhino wrote:
>
>> On 2014-02-20 9:54 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
>>> This is an Incredible story!
>>>
>>> In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from
>>> Northwestern University . On a hike through the bush, he came across a
>>> young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.
>>>
>>> The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully.
>>> He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a large
>>> piece of wood deeply embedded in it.
>>>
>>> As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his
>>> knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.
>>> The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its
>>> face, stared at him for several tense moments..
>>>
>>> Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled.
>>> Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away.
>>> Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.
>>>
>>> Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his
>>> teen aged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the
>>> creatures turned and
>>> walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing.
>>>
>>> The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the
>>> ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then
>>> trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.
>>>
>>> Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this
>>> was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the
>>> railing, and made his way into the enclosure.
>>>
>>> He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.
>>> The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs
>>> and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.
>>>
>>> Probably wasn't the same elephant..
>>>

>> Sorry, I'm not getting why this is so "incredible". Do you mean it is
>> incredible
>> because this guy helped an elephant? Incredible that he thought the
>> second elephant
>> might be the same elephant? Incredible that the second elephant attacked
>> him?
>>
>> Also, is this supposed to be a true story? Your use of his full name and
>> the date of the encounter with the original elephant makes me think so
>> but you don't cite any source for this story, like a Darwin Awards
>> article. Your final line makes it sound more like a joke, just like the
>> obvious joke you posted just before that.
>>
>> --
>> Rhino
>
> Jesus wept! Is your name Sheldon and do work on a show called "The Big
> Bang Theory? If not, you should go there straight away and apply for a
> job.
>
> Irish Mike

Ask a serious question, get an evasive answer....

--
Rhino

Rhino

On 2014-02-20 12:26 PM, Barb May wrote:
> anim8rFSK wrote:
>> In article <le5b49$j4h$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact_please@example.com> wrote:

>>> Sorry, I'm not getting why this is so "incredible". Do you mean it is
>>> incredible
>>> because this guy helped an elephant? Incredible that he thought the
>>> second elephant
>>> might be the same elephant? Incredible that the second elephant
>>> attacked him?
>>>
>>> Also, is this supposed to be a true story? Your use of his full name
>>> and the date of the encounter with the original elephant makes me
>>> think so but you don't cite any source for this story, like a Darwin
>>> Awards article. Your final line makes it sound more like a joke,
>>> just like the obvious joke you posted just before that.
>>
>> http://www.hoax-slayer.com/not-the-same-elep...
>>
>> Lost of similar hits. Fake, fake, fake.
>
> Jeeze, you two. Anything Mike says is suspect, but this is an old joke.

Only if you've heard it before....

--
Rhino