libm libxml ruby-osa os x help

Dna Kp

12/22/2007 1:58:00 AM

Hi folks,

I am trying to convert some of my nasty perl into nice neat ruby. The
scripts are used to control iTunes and I wanted to use ruby as it has
the rbosa library. To install this lib on the mac (power pc, latest
xcode, tiger) I need to have libxml. I have tried using fink and gems
to do this - but both fail.

The fink package fails as it tries to use ldconf (not a mac thing) while
the gem route fails as there appears to be no libm! Libm on the mac I
think is /usr/lib/libm.dylib --- I can't work out how to get this
running ... can anyone help?

Thanks*

Sorry if this is more of a mac problem than a ruby one (I have also
tried the mac groups)

Steve Ross

You might try Mac Ports (http://www.mac...)

On Dec 21, 2007, at 5:57 PM, Dna Kp wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to convert some of my nasty perl into nice neat ruby. The
> scripts are used to control iTunes and I wanted to use ruby as it
> has
> the rbosa library. To install this lib on the mac (power pc, latest
> xcode, tiger) I need to have libxml. I have tried using fink and gems
> to do this - but both fail.
>
> The fink package fails as it tries to use ldconf (not a mac thing)
> while
> the gem route fails as there appears to be no libm! Libm on the mac I
> think is /usr/lib/libm.dylib --- I can't work out how to get this
> running ... can anyone help?
>

> Thanks*
>

> Sorry if this is more of a mac problem than a ruby one (I have also
> tried the mac groups)

hengist podd

On 22 Dec, 01:57, Dna Kp <dan.kl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The fink package fails as it tries to use ldconf (not a mac thing) while
> the gem route fails as there appears to be no libm!

Dunno why you should get that error installing the gem (sudo gem
install libxml-ruby); I see libxml2 (and libm) at /usr/lib on my Tiger
box and have installed the libxml gem on it in the past.

Those problems aside, can I suggest trying rb-appscript instead? As
well as being a better bridge than RubyOSA, it doesn't have any third-
party dependencies to worry about. See my sig. for links.

HTH

has
--
http://appscript.sourc...
http://rb-appscript.rub...

Dna Kp

Thanks for the help. I have opted for rb-appscript - it has installed
ok and now all I have to do is set the correct environment paths.

TTFN

Ashton Crusher

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 22:01:16 -0800, Antonio E. Gonzalez
<AntEGM111@aol.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:24:56 -0700, Ashton Crusher <demi@moore.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 22:13:00 -0800, Antonio E. Gonzalez
>><AntEGM111@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>> More Jessica Williams goodness!:
>>>

>>><http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stewart-trashes-dunn-verdict-lesson-is-if-you-fire-gun-in-florida-you-better-fcking-hit-som...
>>>
>>> <http://preview.tinyurl.com/k...
>>>
>>> "Jon Stewart kicked off Tuesday night?s Daily Show going to down on
>>>the Michael Dunn verdict, flabbergasted that he was convicted for
>>>attempted murder but not first-degree murder. He said the lesson here
>>>is ?if you fire a gun, you better fucking hit somebody, ?cause if
>>>there?s one thing Floridians don?t tolerate, it?s survivors.?
>>>
>>>Stewart said this isn?t just some ?run-of-the-mill Florida batsh*t,?
>>>showing Dunn?s knowledge of ?rap crap? and being a ?keen observer of
>>>everyone else?s racism,? including his assertion the legal system
>>>leans in blacks? favor. Stewart said, ?The courts are so biased
>>>towards black that they are letting all of them go to jail!?
>>>
>>>Correspondent Jessica Williams then jumped in with advice for black
>>>people on how to avoid dealing with frightened white people. One
>>>recommendation: stay indoors. All the time. She said, ?Don?t go wander
>>>in the street where you might scare a white person.?"
>>
>>If blacks didn't commit the vast majority of crimes and murders she
>>might have a point.
>
> No cites, no surprise.

http://projects.wsj.com/murderdata...

Look at how the majority of both the victims and the murderers are
black. Yet blacks are less than 15% of the population.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A09...