Need Help Creating Gems

Bryan Richardson

Hello all,

I've successfully created a RubyGem, but I do have one problem. I have a
bin/ directory in my Gem, and I assumed any file in that directory would
automatically get added to the bin/ directory of the location where gems are
stored locally on a machine. However, this does not happen. Is there an
extra argument I need to supply in the Rakefile to make this happen?

Thanks in advance! -- BTR

2 Answers

Luis Lavena

On 20 dic, 15:50, Bryan Richardson <btri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>
> Hello all,
>
> I've successfully created a RubyGem, but I do have one problem. I have a
> bin/ directory in my Gem, and I assumed any file in that directory would
> automatically get added to the bin/ directory of the location where gems are
> stored locally on a machine. However, this does not happen. Is there an
> extra argument I need to supply in the Rakefile to make this happen?
>
> Thanks in advance! -- BTR

Gem Spec documentation:
http://docs.rub...

bindir:
http://docs.rub...read/chapter/20#bindir

executables:
http://docs.rub...read/chapter/20#executables

if executables array is empty, no script will be made executable.

HTH,

Luis

Bryan Richardson

Luis,

Worked perfectly. Thanks for the great references.

Bryan