ruby-oci8 proxy-authentication?

Martin Berli

12/19/2007 3:05:00 PM

Is it possible to use oracle proxy-authentication with ruby-oci8? We
would
like to use Rails to connect with a "technical user" as usual, but
having
the "real user" in the the oracle peudo-variable "USER". Oracle offers
this feature with the "proxy-authentication", but appearently only
few drivers support this feature. How about ruby-oci8?

Thanks for any help,

Martin

KUBO Takehiro

Martin Berli <martin.berli@gmx.ch> writes:

> Is it possible to use oracle proxy-authentication with ruby-oci8? We
> would
> like to use Rails to connect with a "technical user" as usual, but
> having
> the "real user" in the the oracle peudo-variable "USER". Oracle offers
> this feature with the "proxy-authentication", but appearently only
> few drivers support this feature. How about ruby-oci8?

No, sorry. I have not investigated how to use it.

Jesse Hu

Hi Martin,

You can refer to [ruby-oci8-devel] Ruby OCI8 proxy
authentication<http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ruby-oci8-devel/2008-April/000064.h...
discuss.

2007/12/19 Martin Berli <martin.berli@gmx.ch>:

> Is it possible to use oracle proxy-authentication with ruby-oci8? We
> would
> like to use Rails to connect with a "technical user" as usual, but
> having
> the "real user" in the the oracle peudo-variable "USER". Oracle offers
> this feature with the "proxy-authentication", but appearently only
> few drivers support this feature. How about ruby-oci8?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Martin

Cheers,
Jesse